Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Mumble Channel

Discussion in Help Desk started by sajak, May 31, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 11, 2011
    I was hoping a "Mapping" channel can be added to the Mumble server. A lot of us map and help each other out so it's useful to be in an appropriate channel. Thanks. :thumbsup:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Jun 4, 2006
      You could always just make your own channel, but any mumble admin can add this. Just ask in mumble when you're on.
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Yeah, I know about the user channels but I'm speaking of something more on the permanent side. I'm on at the moment, I'll ask someone, thanks. :drool:
    • Mar 16, 2008
      My only problem with this is that people flock. At least if you do a user created room, you can prevent randoms from joining your channel. I'll create one when I get home if you really want one but I don't see it being used. Mappers don't tend to go into a mapping channel alone, and other mappers don't seem to follow. This would be a lot more useful if we had mapping days where people mapped together.
      However that would be a good contest. I might do this now :S
      • Like Like x 1
      • Nov 11, 2011
        lol Well, I understand what you are saying. We recently started gathering together at random times and helping each other since we started working on our zm_impossibru maps (and we need to hit 15 maps, each of which need to be 5MB max compressed). So people are tending to ask a lot more questions about optimizing, etc. Adding the channel was apparently rocket science for @MuffinFuhrer :reallypissed:
      • Feb 12, 2012
        Also, a lot of us can't create a channel because half of us aren't Authenticated on mumble :/
      • Jun 4, 2006
        then register/auth yourself (this is something users do, not us)... problem solved.
      • Mar 16, 2008
        • Right click your name > Click Register.
        That was hard. :sweat:
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Feb 12, 2012

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
          • Mar 16, 2008
            Blame @Brian and @Haplo because we always blame Haplo. Blame @Kyle as well.
          • Feb 12, 2012
          • Jun 4, 2006
            • Winner Winner x 1
            • Feb 12, 2012
              Pubbers were telling me that a root has to authenticate your account. And they had the same response as you :smile:
            • Jun 4, 2006
              That's simply not true. Again, have you created a cert?
              • Winner Winner x 3
              • Feb 12, 2012
                I can't create one if it won't let me register, correct? I just checked all the menus and don't see a single thing about

Thanks @Brian
              • Nov 11, 2011
                So, how did a request for a permanent mappers channel turn into fourteen responses!? Gah! :crying:
              • Jun 4, 2006
                Tweaked the server settings, you might be able to register self without a cert now, though I'm unsure and can't test myself. Only a non-registered user could test to see. If not, oh well, if so, cool.

Anyway, this fred seems done. Locked.
                • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
                • Apr 9, 2007
                  Please revert this (I don't think I broke it initially, but probably did?), or talk to me on Mumble.
                • Mar 16, 2008
                  That's why I said your name. I don't know who did what.
                • Jun 4, 2006
                Thread Status:
                Not open for further replies.