Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Mumble Issues

Discussion in Help Desk started by Cara, Sep 18, 2014

1. Feb 15, 2012
    After not using mumble in a few years and on a new machine, I may need a new certificate and/or my name deleted from registered user list. I believe my old name was Cara, maybe, not sure....

**edit**
    Josh did a redo for me but still timing out. Must be something else...yay...
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
      Caraxes, Sep 18, 2014 Last edited by Cara, Sep 18, 2014
    • Dec 30, 2006
    • Jul 12, 2014
    • Feb 15, 2012
      I've tried different names and I'm not sure how to connect using direct ip...
    • Feb 1, 2011
      Try manually changing your DNS servers to the Google ones, this fixed it for me:

• go to Network and Sharing Center (through Control Panel)
      • click on Local area connection
      • click Properties
      • click on Internet protocol version 4 (IPV4)
      • click Properties
      • click the circle next to "Use the following DNS server addresses:"
      • then enter 8.8.8.8, and 8.8.4.4 as alternative
    • Jun 4, 2006
      Windows key + r => cmd => ping mumble.plaguefest.com

If that doesn't resolve to x.x.x.116, then your DNS is slow and hasn't propagated yet. Switch to google dns or similar. If it reports back as x.x.x.116, then you should be able to connect to mumble just fine.
    • Feb 15, 2012
      It was 116, and tried Dilly's advice and still won't connect. I can connect to other servers but when I try ones with the same port number as PF, it will not go through.

**edit**
      So far, nothing has worked. On a bright note, I now have mumble on my phone. XD
      Thank you for all the help. :eat:
      Caraxes, Sep 18, 2014 Last edited by Cara, Sep 18, 2014