Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Mumble?? Why not teamspeak?

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Death Killer, Jul 12, 2011

1. Jun 19, 2011
    I'm just very curious, why do pF choose Mumble but not TeamSpeak? Isn't TeamSpeak more popular and easier to use? The only reason I could think of is that Mumble is open source but teamspeak is not.

Talk about your opinions.
  2. Feb 18, 2011
    Mumble is easier to learn right away compared to TeamSpeak which you get good at after experiance.
  3. Feb 1, 2011
    mumble is easy to use too, the audio quality is good, there is auto volume adjustment, priority speaker...other stuff

you should give it a shot and join us! :turned:
  4. Sep 26, 2010
    pF mumble goes something like this...

5. Jun 10, 2011
    I hate teamspeak! My personal preferance is Ventrilo, but pF use Mumble. So what? Not really that big a deal... plus, I like the overlay.
  6. Jun 22, 2011
    People who say they hate Teamspeak used the old version, the newest version is clean and probably better than ventrilo.
  7. Mar 26, 2011
    TeamSpeak SUCKS! :down:
  8. Apr 9, 2007
    We have a number of 512 user keys for TS. However, when these expire we don't know where we'll be. Going with an open client is for the best.
  9. Apr 14, 2011
    vent > ts2 >ts3 > mubble> skype

tbh i dont mind that much to make a topic about it
  10. May 28, 2011
    Too be honest, whatever works, is how I feel.

UGH, I had to stop watching after the first 5 seconds. :razz:inch:
  11. Jun 19, 2011
    Idk, I personally find TS easier. I did try mumble but I don't really like it's design. But yea the quality sure is good (which means more bandwidth drain for me), buy TS isn't bad too.
  12. Jan 27, 2011
    mumble is the most clear audio wise than anything out right now. It is the current VOIP used by leagues and has almost no delay when someone speaks. Unlike ventrilo. Teamspeak is way harder to learn how to use compared to mumble....and also mumble is way cheaper to host than anything out there right now I believe
  13. May 15, 2011
    Vent sucks.

I use to use it.

Constantly lagging ass so you can't have a proper conversation.

I see you said "buy" Team speak.

I say if you have to pay then fuck it.

Although I've never used it or heard of it until now.

Mumble is pretty good.

I don't stare at mumble all day long so I don't really care what the design is like.

But I love the in-game overlay.

Works wonders.
  14. Oct 29, 2010
    I still much prefer vent over anything else. The only thing I like mumble a lot for is the chat feature, haven't used TS since it was terrible so don't really know or care. If you're lagging in vent its either you or the server, not the program.
  15. Feb 1, 2010
    TS3 have chat to :sweat:
  16. Sep 14, 2008
    I like vent better too for some reason. But Mumble isn't too bad either...now that I know how to use it :razz:
  17. Feb 17, 2011

press a button and talk thats all there is to it from all those softwares.. i used all.. they all server the same great purpose.. talking lol
  18. Jun 19, 2011

If mumble manage to re-design their design then I would give 11 stars out of 10.
  19. Oct 10, 2010
    TS3 never goes out of the beta shit
  20. Jun 4, 2006
    Mumbles voice latency is far lower than TS and vent. It's pretty much instant.