Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Mumble

Discussion in News started by Brian, Apr 15, 2011

1. Jun 4, 2006
    Port: 64738

Download Mumble: http://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page

Server Status / Quick Tips: http://plaguefest.com/servers/mumble/

I decided to ditch vent and go with mumble, which I personally like more. Also it's free, we can host it ourselves, it's stable, won't lag, we can have as many users as we want, it's open sexy source, etc etc.

View the comments of this post for some quick tips.
    Brian, Apr 15, 2011 Last edited by Brian, Sep 7, 2015
  2. Jun 4, 2006

Turn TTS off!
    [IMG]

Mess around with the message settings. Here's what I have:
    [IMG]
    Reason being, by default mumble has some notification bubbles, as well as sounds, both of which I disabled for most events.

Make use of the overlay:

[IMG]

Choose a name you wish to keep!
    Once you join the server, right click on your name and hit Register. This will register your nick so no one else can use it.

Using the chat:
    Whatever channel or user you have selected is where your messages are going to be sent.
  3. Mar 30, 2011
    holy shit i love how it adjust you music volume when people is talking, i like it better then vent to, the overlay is alot better
  4. Mar 26, 2011
  5. Mar 16, 2008
    Is it used even close to the amount of vent servers? No

I've used mumble in the past, it's a great program with layered talk levels and the quality of pretty much everything is better overall. People never want to download it though.
  6. Mar 20, 2011
    hey there ive been using mumble for a few months now and there are some awesome skins for it and you can make some of your own customized ones just for the group... the skins make it look ten times better!
  7. Feb 15, 2011
    Great news!!! heard about it but never tryied it :smile:
  8. Mar 17, 2011
    I've never heard of mumble. Looks good, and people saying it's better is a good sign. I download once I get home.
  9. Jan 12, 2011
    Interesting. I've downloaded, installed, and registered with you guys. Only thing is that Mumble doesn't recognize your certificate as valid. Suggestions?

Anyway, hope to play and talk with you guys online! :thumbsup:
  10. Jun 4, 2006
    That cert shit is pretty dumb. I looked into it last night and getting a valid cert was way too much work and seemed rather pointless. Just accept the invalid cert, doesn't mean jack shit. :confused:
  11. Mar 25, 2011
    Haha, nevermind, cant connect, host closed connection adn some bullsht like that.

Nevermind, I'm using PR version, i have to download this one :frown:
  12. Apr 9, 2007
    http://www.namecheap.com/ssl-certificates/comodo.aspx - It's pricy as well (Cheapest reputable Vendor I could find). Depends on how things unfold I guess.
  13. Dec 7, 2010
    $25 a year doesn't sound bad. Am I missing something?
  14. Apr 9, 2007
    It would only secure mumble.plaguefest.com.

What about plaguefest.com, zm.plaguefest.com, etc :shock:
  15. Dec 7, 2010
    Why would we need to secure a certificate for zm? (I'm asking, I really don't know)

The only certificates I've ever dealt with was for enterprise web and SSL certs..
  16. Apr 9, 2007
    For Steam? at this present time we don't. It was just an example of a subdomain which would not be covered by the cheapest certificate >.<
  17. Jun 4, 2006
    It's actually free you're looking in the wrong place.

Edit: We now have a valid SSL cert for mumble, joy.
  18. Jan 12, 2011
    Alright, you set up a certificate, but...
    "SSL Verification failed: The host name did not match any of the valid hosts for this certificate"

I can accept it and connect just fine, but it still thinks your certificate isn't valid. Sorry Brian, but the Internet demands you put more effort into whatever certificate authentication process you used. :razz:inch:
  19. Jun 4, 2006
    They do match! Stupid verification, fuck..
  20. Mar 30, 2011