Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Mumble

Discussion in News started by Brian, Apr 15, 2011

1. Jun 4, 2006
    are you using a different alias for your phone? e.g. NenaPhone

(if not, try this, if so, weirrrrrd)
  2. Sep 14, 2008
  3. Mar 12, 2008
    still undergoing disconnects because of the OS transition.

i'd put my vent info up here but it's only 10 slot i believe, and when i checked back it said I "Downgraded a 10 slot to 15 slot" so idk WTF is going on. Whoever wants in my vent, hit me on steam for the INFO. I don't want random trolls joining :shock:
  4. May 27, 2008
    Or bug me for the vent info too. :rolleyes:
  5. Feb 24, 2011
    A mapping channel would be kinda neat imo, would it be too much trouble to add one in case you agree with me?
    Just got mumble and don't know jack about it though :razz:
  6. Mar 16, 2008
    If you get on mumble daily ill add what ever channel you want. We currently have way too many channels though so it shouldn't be hard to find one if you want peace a quiet.
  7. Apr 9, 2007
    Shouldn't be. Brian started yesterday, and didn't believe me about the box locking up about every 3h.
  8. Jun 4, 2006
    what do you mean shouldn't be... of course they SHOULD be, the entire box was offline for the majority of the day on 2/8. Wake up sir.
  9. Apr 9, 2007
    Disconnects? They were not occurring because you were restarting the box randomly during the day (before you even started this). At least this is my understanding of his post, unless if he means the constant downtime. If he meant that, the wrong thing was said.
  10. Mar 12, 2008
  12. Mar 12, 2008
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Oct 8, 2009
      sorry i gave up trying back then, but i did try again with NenaPhone and it worked. ;p
    • Jun 4, 2006
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Apr 9, 2007

Thanks.
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Zing! Zing! x 1
        • Jun 4, 2006
          What is up with this habit of ending every post in Thanks what the fuck x 1!

Thanks.
        • Dec 7, 2010
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Mar 2, 2012
          • Jun 4, 2006
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • Artistic Artistic x 1
            • Mar 12, 2008
              Well well! since this topic is still open I figure i'd make the post I made in another thread here so it's (un)official! This will no doubt get buried in the other thread I posted this in so here I go. I added/subtracted some words and added a couple things.

PSA for new mumble users - On mumble it tends to get hectic at times, and people do get lol'd at or mildly troleled, so if new people are joining or trying to get in on the conversations there are usually a couple unwritten rules depending on who's doing what:
              • We usually smack talk a lot in mumble, so it's all in good fun, it's not meant to intentionally hurt. If it's straight up harassment though let someone know. Harassment is not OK. It's slightly more relaxed than in the servers, but most rules still apply. Don't be a :clown:
              • You do not need a mic to join mumble. Mumble chat is thankfully visible on one page so users can read chat without having to click another tab.
              • No League/Dota2/unrelated game chatter in game-specific mumble rooms, or if the user channel calls for no League/Dota2/unrelated game chat please respect the room. Sometimes multiple games do happen and people get moved, but don't take it personal. It's ok to ask if anyone is up for these games, but please make another channel or move to another channel.
              • There is a lot of cross-conversation in populated rooms. If you need to say something consider typing it out and informing who you want to look at mumble chat.
              • Don't yell into the mic; if we ask you to fix your mic or you have a scratchy mic/sound is too loud/quiet please find a solution, we just want to hear you clearly and keep our ears intact. Input/output can be fixed in the settings menu in mumble.
              • If you want to type in chat, that's completely fine. Don't join to find a specific person and go to the channel to start typing @Momo @Momo @Momo @Momo @Momo @Momo @Momo multiple times trying to get their attention, people go AFK without notice sometimes. You can ask if they're there and then right-click their name to do a private message, much better than spamming chat since some people keep Text To Speech on to hear others typing in the channel.
              • If you don't want to hear someone talk, right click their name to mute them on your end by clicking "Local Mute". This works incredibly well for mic spammers. You may also ignore messages from users. This can always be undone
              • Don't spam pictures in rooms. It's OK to post links, but really any type of spam is generally a bad idea.
              These are just a couple general rules. This insures that you stay on everyone's good side and nobody gets anal-angered or ignored. We're not scary people but as long as you aren't the aforementioned :clown:there should be little to no trouble at all. Thanks and happy chatting.

edit: had this typed hours ago, just noticed I forgot to post it. Your mileage may vary.
              • Useful Useful x 3
              • Informative Informative x 2
              • Funny Funny x 1