Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Mumbler

Discussion in Technical Support started by FluffehKitteh, Sep 21, 2013

1. Oct 18, 2012
    When I try to connect to the Mumble it just disconnects me and then this happens:
    [4:27:57 PM] Connecting to server mumble.plaguefest.com.
    [4:27:57 PM] Connected.

[4:27:57 PM] Server connection rejected: Wrong certificate or password.

HALP ADMIN PLIS.
  2. Mar 14, 2013
    did u know that if u try to connect to mumble on a different device using the same name twice it disconnects u like that so u will have to make change ur name like i did i dont know why this happens but it happens
  3. Jun 11, 2012
    You probably did something to your PC either a reformat or a system restore. Certificates aren't being read or not found. Contact someone higher up to delete you certificate from the server side so you can re-join again.

When you register your name it saves in a certificate, so when you do something to your PC and it can't find your certificate, it doesn't let you on.
  4. Jul 8, 2012
    I thought it does only if you like.. save your name or something?

E: BENDER WINZ.
  5. Oct 18, 2012
    My phone works when I try to connect and other mumble servers work to its just pF atm
  6. Dec 30, 2006
    Jk. If no one does it, I'll be home in a bit.
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Jun 11, 2012

[IMG]
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Oct 18, 2012
      • Feb 27, 2012
        Idk if anyone said this yet, i just skimmed through the comments, but you can change your name on mumble (just do like fluffehkitteh1 or something) and you'll be able to connect.
      • Jun 4, 2006
        If your name 'FluffehKitteh' is registered on mumble then it has a cert associated with it, which you can export and backup via mumble, and import as well if need be. If you lose this cert (most of the time this is due to a format or similar) or try to connect without it you will be denied access as mumble thinks the name belongs to another member and not you. If you do not register your name on mumble, you can use it on any device and not have to worry about a cert. Registered names are only for people who don't want others using their name more or less. If you can't connect to mumble as 'FluffehKitteh' then the quickest fix (other than you using a different name) is for someone to delete your account from mumble so the name is no longer registered and you will be able to connect just fine. I've gone ahead and done this so you should be all set. You're free to register the name again but if you do ensure you backup your cert (Configure -> Certificate Wizard) so you can avoid this issue again in the future.
        • Useful Useful x 1
        • Jul 8, 2012
          someone with power: I think I need mine cleared again..

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4
        • Dec 30, 2006
          Lol I already did it for fluff. But nonetheless, your post will helpful.

Feel free to add a root or me and I can help you with it.
        • Jun 4, 2006
          Her name was still registered when I looked so I figured you hadn't gotten home yet.
        • Dec 30, 2006
          I deleted her other 523423423 names and made her connect then I registered her current one. Should have posted here when the task was completed but I was being called for an car maintenance.