Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Mute players during voting

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by HONEY BOO BOO WARS, Mar 23, 2013

1. Jan 14, 2013
    Have you ever thought of muting players during voting? or at the least keeping them from spamming

1 person with a mic can influence it (and make me miss my chance at playing holmes escape). Just a thought
  2. Feb 1, 2011
    I think we just had a discussion about this a few weeks ago - if players are spamming the mic / chat just enforce our no spam rules as normal - mute/gag as needed

EDIT: Oh I thought you were admin - I guess just ask the admins to enforce no spam if players are being spammy during votes
    dillinger, Mar 23, 2013 Last edited by dillinger, Mar 23, 2013
  3. Jan 14, 2013

PS your avatar is very frightening.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Jun 11, 2012
      • Zing! Zing! x 1
      • Dec 6, 2011
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • May 31, 2012
          I often see confusion when there are seven people talking on the mic at the same time compared to having one person mic spam; I don't normally see the mic spam problem so I hardly ever consider muting during a vote. Plus, I like to see if the vote can be influenced over the mic or through chat... go for the popular map instead of spam vote 1.
        • Feb 18, 2011
          Solution...right before map vote @silence @all
        • Feb 27, 2012
          That would be aboose. If a player is being "spammy" to the point of it being outright annoying, then i would mute/gag them. There's nothing wrong with a little persuasion to try and get people to vote for a map you really like, but if they are being annoying, then deal with the person/people.
        • Mar 12, 2008
          • Like Like x 2
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Zing! Zing! x 1
          • May 14, 2011

Any number posted in chat during voting will be replaced with a "#". This includes the words eg; "one". Of course if someone is dedicated enough to put a typo in then it should go through.

P.S.: I in no way expect this to happen.
          • Nov 11, 2011
            Let's also code and implement a voice analysis system for those pesky mic spammers.

P.S.:
            [IMG]
          • Mar 16, 2008
            I would still rather randomize what the order is on people's screens.
            • Like Like x 2
            • Agree Agree x 2
            • Winner Winner x 1
            • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
            • Feb 27, 2012
              That's not a bad idea for ZE. It would suck on ZM and MG though, since not many people nominate things, so you might get stuck with a map that nobody really enjoys since everyone 1 spams.
              Tony The Tiger, Mar 24, 2013 Last edited by Tony the Tiger!! :D, Mar 24, 2013
            • Sep 6, 2010
              That's a great idea. Also, would be nice if players won't be able to see the number of votes each map choice has generated.
            • Oct 29, 2010
              Let's all think of ideas to fix the map voting system so they can never be implemented!
              • Artistic Artistic x 1
              • Mar 16, 2008
                Randomizing the items is possible. Sourcemod runs it so we can customize it. Just getting it created is the hard part.
              • Oct 29, 2010
                Oh by no means did I mean for anyone to infer these things were not possible.
              • Mar 12, 2008
                Instead of artistic, I intend for that to mean Autistic
              • Jul 1, 2010
                http://plaguefest.com/threads/ze-suggestions.12894/#post-179706 Was Kyle's response to randomize voting I believe in another thread. Personally, I don't see it doing anything. Sure, there is one spamming and voice/chat spamming.. but it's just going to cause people to stop spamming numbers and spam the map name.
              • Jun 10, 2011
                Yes, but it would eliminate the 1 spammers at least as people would actually have to look at the options to see what number the map is if someone is like "Pick Mako, pick Mako!" instead of "Pick 2, pick 2!", and after seeing the options they may not agree with the option the mic spammers suggested.
                • Agree Agree x 1