Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Muted by galaxy grey for talking on the mic.

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Ghost =pF=, Apr 4, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 30, 2012
    *Dead* Death: WTF!?!?!?!?
    ŦČΣ | Crytek™: fail
    ŦČΣ | Crytek™: xD
    *Dead* Death: FAIL!!!!
    *Dead* DeYan [SPA]: fucking heal noob
    [SourceMod] G@l@xy Gr€y: Muted Ghost =pF=.

Was on Mako, got muted because we were having a conversation. Was told I was mic spamming because we were having a conversation.

He then proceded to mute another one for talking on the mic that was 'not game related'.

4.) Do not spam the mic or chat.
    Mic spam includes nonstop use, playing music, using voice changers constantly, or leaving mic on when not in use. Chat spam includes repeating the same message multiple times, sending long unbroken strings of characters, or talking nonstop in all caps.
    Punishment: Warn -> Mute/Gag -> Temporary Ban(1 hour to 1 day length)

It's not listed anywhere on the ZE Forum about not being about to talk about non-game related things.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Feb 14, 2012
      I had to hold my tongue in game but I feel he was out of line in this as well. There is no reason why we should be muting and kicking people for having a conversation. Plaugefest is a community there will be friendly chatter on the mic. As long as it does not get out of hand as in people talking over each other I do not agree with muting them. We should be encouraging people to be friendly with each other that's how you keep server numbers up.
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Apr 4, 2012
        Same here, apparently Grey feels that being social and having a laugh while playing the game is not allowed.

Not to mention after muting at least 2 people, me and Ghost (don't know if there were more)

He started literally threatening to kick people, not warning; but really threatening.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Jan 24, 2012
          Here to show my support, the admin is in the wrong here.
        • Mar 2, 2012
          if it's not game related, and it stayes on all the time, it's spam. So i'm trained to do....
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Nov 29, 2010
            That being said, not game related is one thing, however non-stop usage of the mic is considered spam, game related or not. You were issued warnings and had an the admin had an LSA present, who agreed with this chain of action.
          • Mar 2, 2012
            There are admins on who can witness this....
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Mar 2, 2012
              i did the wright thing in my side of view...and i will keep doing it:thumbsdown:
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Apr 4, 2012
                I'm here to show my support as well. His reason for muting was because the conversation was not related to the game (which in his mind is against the rules). He also said if you want to be social just talk on mumble. Me, being the new person to the server, had no idea what the rules were so I typed "motd" in console and read through the rules, disproving all of G@l@xy Gr€y's accusations. When the server started going against him he also threatened to kick. Not sure why admins such as these are allowed on this server.
              • Mar 2, 2012
                I have nothing else to tell, it keep going on and on...i do my job
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Mar 18, 2012
                  Their mic was not on the whole time, which is considered not to be mic spamming, keeping your mic on for 3 seconds to talk a sentence is not mic spamming, which was what everything is doing.
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Apr 4, 2012
                    Funny, since I do not recall a single moment the mics of EITHER people were on all the time.
                  • Jul 20, 2010
                    Time to post now for me :grin:. I was on watching while I was eating and noticed a high amount of chatter going on about pointless shit. It carried on for a while and Galaxy Grey actually did something about it. He took the initiative and warned you guys to stop mic spamming with the constant chatter. Which I backed him up with since he was in the right to issue those warnings. If you want to carry on a conversation for that long about stuff do it on steam/vent/mumble or use a phone! Most of the people don't want to hear you chatter about pointless crap. Funny that people can't seem to follow simple rules.
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • Feb 14, 2012
                      This anti community. I paid 15 bucks therefore I will do whatever I want discussion over attitude you are displaying hurts server numbers. There is a reason pF is the most popular server around and frankly it's not the server itself (laaaaaaaaaaggggg!). It's the community.
                      • Agree Agree x 3
                      • Nov 29, 2010
                        We have a mumble server for a reason. If you want to babber about pointless stuff that's not game related, go use mumble.
                        • Agree Agree x 1
                        • Mar 20, 2012
                          if this is really the rule, then u have to mute all the players the whole day...
                        • Apr 4, 2012
                          Now we have -ALL- been silenced because we are "all" wrong

But good to know that we live in the Democratic Republic of North Plaguefest.

Especially with a certain admin calling people and I quote: "Dumbfucks" I call -that- QUITE Inappropriate. especially silencing an entire server, even people not talking on mics nor on the text chat...

But like earlier mentioned if it is a rule that you are not allowed to have like we are having normal civil chatter and some fun with interruptions in between, than you would have to mute players the entire day and enforce a no mic rule.

The best part is calling it constant chatter, since it wasn't. it was randomly being social with definitely pauses in between and no signs of any spam nor anyone bothered by it.

I rest my case.
                        • Nov 11, 2011
                          Galaxy, please use the "Edit" option in your first post instead of posting multiple times.

And guys, as the rest have said holds, this might be easier to digest:

1.) Any constant noise in the mic is considering spam (screaming, shouting, or speaking nonsense).
                          2.) Talking a lot about a subject matter not related to zombies in general.

3.) You can use mumble if you want to socialize about anything other than zombies. The info is: mumble.plaguefest.com or 208.115.221.179

I don't see how you were abused; constant chatter about non-game related subject matter is considered spam. You have to understand that the server holds 64 people, including you, it can and is annoying to the other people who are trying to play the game. Next time you decide to have a conversation, just record a demo and if you do end up getting unfairly muted, submit the demo and we'll be glad to take a look at it and punish the admin if indeed he or she is wrong.

TL;DR: Socialize in mumble, speak in-game about zombies, no admin abuse here.

EDIT: DAMN IT Badgriuel, didn't see your post lawl. :razz:
                        • Apr 4, 2012
                          I would like to add that the admin Badgriuel has muted all of the players, this is including all of those who haven't said a single word due to the fact that "everyone gets silent time because we don't know how to shut up," that means we are unable to talk the entire game simply because of an honest mistake made by an admin. They (meaning those two admins) said that it was clearly defined in the rules however I read it over and it was not. What you write in the rules must only be enforced by the way it was written, not to be interpreted. The rules said nonstop chatter and yet each person let go of their mic button every few seconds, if not more.
                          • Agree Agree x 1
                          • Apr 4, 2012
                            Don't forget us being called "Dumbfucks"... which is by far even worse than those whole thing.
                            • Agree Agree x 1
                            Thread Status:
                            Not open for further replies.