Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

MY CSS is lagging Terribly

Discussion in Help Desk started by M_Infantry, Jul 11, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 6, 2011

Just got my HP Pavilion DV6 today.

Finished setting up my lap and started playing CSS ZM tonight, but, the game lagged terribly for me.

I had pings up to 715, which makes it literally difficult for me to play, and while everyone else were 60~100 ping, and it was a novum map 2.

I checked my Norton Internet 2011, to allow all steam and half-life apps to be allowed not on "auto". I even did a internet speed check, the speed was the same as I had in my previous laptop.

I don't know what is wrong.....what else I can do.

Connecting directly to LAN not an option, as there is no LAN in my room.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!
  2. Aug 13, 2010

Nuff' said
  3. Mar 13, 2010
    Check to make sure DEP isn't throttling CSS or HL2 Engine
  4. May 6, 2011
  5. Apr 9, 2007
    There's a 98% chance it's his wireless connection...
  6. May 6, 2011
    No....I said I did check, also never had it this bad b4, same position, same spot, but diff laptop.
  7. Jul 14, 2010
    Are you running the same operating system as the laptop before?
  8. May 6, 2011

This time I am running Windows 7, all the spec are higher 2, i7 cpu, 1gig Video Graph...
  9. Jun 23, 2010
    Try unplugging your modem and router (if you have one) For 1 min. Then plug it back it.

Also, UNINSTALL the P.O.S. Norton. Get MSE (Microsoft Security Essential) if you don't want to waste money,and Malwarebytes.
  10. Mar 13, 2010
    Or you know, use software that actually does something and MBAM.
  11. Nov 29, 2010
    Get rid of the crapware HP loads onto the laptop first and foremost INCLUDING Norton, because their antivirus system is patchy. For security:

Microsoft Security Essentials is the best freeware antivirus out there.

As for your speed, check downloads, go on speedtest.net and check things there.
  12. Mar 13, 2010
  13. Jun 23, 2010
    Lol, Rating website. I just most of the free anti-virus and I find MSE easy to use and does it job.
  14. Apr 9, 2007
  15. May 6, 2011
    The same website you suggested, had this review also,

It said Norton Security 2011 is no. 1, (c below link)
    http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/collection/3247/2010_suites.html
  16. Mar 20, 2011
    Well ZM 1 was lagging bad for me tonight and it was not my side. I have Wan GB and all hard wire LAN GB Cat 6 network. Ping times to level 3 using IP 4.2.2.1 averaging 15ms. As for AV I would just roll with MSE, it is light weight and does the job. I run it on my servers and white boxes and have had no issues. Now if you torrent shady stuff and or watch a lots of pr0n, setup a VM box so you can run that shit off the native OS host and you are golden. Run away from Norton as fast as you can.
  17. Jun 4, 2006
    http://www.av-comparatives.org/ fuck pcworld
  18. Jun 23, 2010
  19. May 6, 2011

I think I figured it out, will have to double check in the morning.

Whenever I move my iphone near the laptop, it seems the internet speed for downloading goes down. Then when I move the phone away the speed comes back up again. Though the improvement is slight and slow, but, it does seem my cell phone effects my wifi.

Hey it works.....so far, as I move the cell phone away.

Don't think this is the actual reason, but its working.

Thanks for all those that tried to help.

Please lock this topic for now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.