Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

My current situation...

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Ray, Jun 23, 2011

1. Aug 18, 2006
    I've been getting asked where I've been by many people, so here you go:

So, I've been out of action for a while do to circumstances well beyond my control. This is why I have not been around to work on the servers, be on steam, or frequent the website... The extent of my internet access when I'm not at a friends house, as I put it in another thread: "shitty-signal-I'm-lucky-to-connect-to-the-internet-in-the-first-place-and-if-I-do-I'm-lucky-to-get-80%-packet-loss-and-10kbit-speeds-at-2000-ping-through-my-phone"...

In other words, absolutely unusable. I'm in a remote area of Illinois right now with no ISP's servicing us.. I'm working off of a non existant cell signal.

As also previously mentioned, I'm leaving for the Army soon, and I need to prep PF for that, but its not quite ready yet for that to happen. We have many many ongoing projects right now including server upgrades and my absence came at the worst time possible for those reasons...

So there you go. I don't know when I'll be able to be on again on a consistent basis. Hopefully soon, but it will problably be a couple weeks at the very least. This whole situation makes me feel useless, and it pisses me off..

I hope you guys are happy with your internet connection now, with this perspective.
  2. Mar 13, 2010
    Well fuckballs....

That 100% sucks. If there is anything I or anyone can do to help I'm sure noone would complain. (I mean I probably would, but only jokingly) I've come to love all you cockmonglers in the last year and I want to keep this place running smoothly so please keep us posted on things that can or need to be done to make your transition as smooth as possible.
  3. Feb 1, 2011
    This really sucks - I knew part of the story from what you had told me already. I can understand your frustration, I'm sure I would be going nuts myself. I hope you can get something worked out soon.
  4. Feb 18, 2011
    Will somebody take your place once you leave since you will be on less?
  5. Jun 10, 2011
    Woh, first off that sucks, second im really close to you. Im in Belleville, IL. Did you get hit by any of the nasty tornadoes? (ps ty for serving our country!)
  6. May 11, 2011
    I wish you the best Ray. You have done a great job for pF and I hope that you will be able to be back one day. I value my super slow internet connection now.
  7. Apr 2, 2011
    I thought you leave in January?
  8. Oct 21, 2010
    Two weeeks. Damn. :ermm:

9. Sep 14, 2008
    Miss you lots Ray... :weep:
  10. Jan 12, 2011
    Aw buddy hope things go well. Like you said this comes at a really bad time, but I'm sure enough of us here can keep things running smoothly. And if something breaks, we can always blame Haplo Valve.

Try to have fun while you're out and around. No point in making a bad situation worse with a down attitude. I hear people used to play board games before the Internet took off. :laugh:

(If that joke sucked, you're allowed to hit me when you get back :razz:)
  11. Sep 21, 2008
    Damn homes. :frown:
  12. May 28, 2011
    I'm sure we'll get through it eventually. But I hate nothing more than when the internet busts. There's hardly anything fun to do without internet access. :dry:
  13. Sep 26, 2010
    We're all close to each other Mista Banana since I'm from Peoria Heights, IL :teehee:

I'll simply have to let you steal my internets again Ray :thumbsup:
  14. May 5, 2011
    Ah man its fine dude, make sure you get your life set and all that stuff done first, dont worry too much about pF im sure your roots would do their best to keep it up while your busy :thumbsup: but yea hope things go well with your frustration ray.
  15. Jul 14, 2010
  16. Jul 23, 2010
    Don't go Ray! I love you! :biggrin:
  17. Aug 18, 2006
    I have temporary internet access over the weekend (courtesy of v12dock and muffinfuhrer). Time to get some shit done.
  18. Feb 1, 2011
    Awesome. A friend in need is a friend indeed! That's awesome that you've got good buddies around to help you out! Bigups Muffin and v12! If I was anywhere near you, I would totally let you leech my internet :razz: