Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

My First Mapping Expirence Sucks!

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Rush, Jun 13, 2011

1. Dec 6, 2010
    ~I just can't seem to wrap my head around which sides, front, side, or top to start fleshing out the rough geometry.
    Where do you mappers usually work from, the top [top right hand window]?

Getting around a little bit I've got a few rudimentary layouts going, seem to have connected enough walkway to move a T around for scale, but the Skybox is kicking my ass.

Any really straight forward tutorials you can recommend?

~Peace
  2. Oct 27, 2010
    Speaking from my architectural experience, diagramming can be immensely helpful in the design process.

Try to diagram the map in question from the top and two sides. Make multiple iteration of them and play with how your ideas fit together in that sense. Doing this by hand will be helpful in solidifying a multidimensional space in your mind. If you have any talent for drawing or feel up to exploring the diagramming process more, try to draw an axonometric / isometric diagram of your map as well.
  3. May 5, 2011
  5. May 5, 2011
    Yep, thats where I learned all my stuff from =)
  6. May 15, 2011
    Yes quite nice Yah00. And to add to that list...

CLICKY!

And really just searching for anything here should give you atleast a minimalist answer.

MORE CLICKIES!