Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

My First Youtube Video

Discussion in Gaming started by Tewfen, Jul 22, 2014

1. May 17, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 1
      Tewfen, Jul 22, 2014 Last edited by Tewfen, Jul 22, 2014
    • May 17, 2014

Here, my 769th video:

via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrzRssHPn5k69th video:

A tip: You might want to avoid having copyrighted music in a video. It might be blocked or removed any day and also removes all monetisation features that might come in handy later on if you take your channel more seriously.
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • May 17, 2014
        I put the link of the song in the description. Will that help?
      • Nov 29, 2010
        No. Music must be approved by the artist for monetization or made by yourself. Youtube uses an automated system so it will automatically flag your video and remove any form of monetization.
      • May 17, 2014
        Ok but the artist is dead for Im a Scatman what should I do?
        Post Merged, Jul 23, 2014
        This is my second video
        via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGBnlW1GCUc&feature=youtu.be
      • Apr 26, 2014
        One of my videos from World of Warcraft (back in 2006 or so) was flagged and initially removed on YouTube because the "artist" didn't like it. The "artist" that flagged this was somewhere in the Middle East, or some shit. In my Google rebuttal, I said, "You guys are fucking retards. I put in the actual video who the artist is and you can't even get it right. You fucking nazi shits."

they quickly overturned the flag and put it back on youtube. ^_^
      • May 17, 2014
        That's a bad experience the guy that flagged it is retarded.
      • Apr 9, 2012
        Even if the artist is dead, it will take at least 75 years before the copyright will expire, so you can not use his music now. It may even be that modern musics have licenses that expire X amount of years after their death. I know the 75 year rule was for older composers of usually classical music (for instance Bach can be used provided you're the artist of the played piece) but other than that, you can't unless having specifically written permission to legally use the piece by approval of the original author/artist.

Other than that, you are always free to try but Youtube has improved their flagging system over the course of several years and now using any copyrighted piece is gonna quickly get your video flagged. Usually when this happens, it's automatically by their content ID system, and if anything changes later on (like audio muted, or video blockec in X countries or worse, removed and a strike on top on your channel) it's usually the author or their licensing companies that came by to make a decision. Sometimes it also just gets claimed which means that the licensing company puts advertisements on your video from which all monetisation goes to the original authors.

The problem with this is still something that should have been fixed a long time ago: When this happens, let's say you have a video of 6 minutes, if you have a piece of a song for 20 seconds and it gets claimed for that (normally 20 seconds falls under Fair Use but still, Youtube doesn't usually care about that in first instances) ALL of your video gets claimed, all the additional 5.40 minutes which is a persistent problem for many higher-up channels. They usually get away with fair use, but for the less powerful their are 2 choices, either battle it out on Fair Use via the content ID fighting system or just remove the video to not give them anything, as well as nothing for you obviously.

I have experienced a looooooooooooooooooooooot of frauding in the claims. Many companies that come on Youtube flag random content to get extra monetisation. However, this is covered by Youtube and cannot get into the law or court as Youtube manages 100% of all of the claims by the Content ID system. Therefore, if you want to appeal against a claim, it takes at least 2-3 months before it either gets removed or reinstated. Then, you need to appeal a second time and it takes another month. Then, if it still gets reinstated, you can only send a DMCA on which they have 10-14 days to decide to release it or remove the video and strike your channel (it's one of those 2 and no other options). The thing is, during that time, they keep monetising, earning false money over your income.

I once got a strike for a video with in-game music of which I got permission to use by Robert Briscoe and The Chinese Room for Dear Esther. A company called The Orchard claimed it entirely and I had to appeal it for literally half a year. I also sent this to them and they told me they didn't even knew the company.

Not enough for The Orchard, after everything they striked my channel when I had brought proof and also removed the video... Then I sent a DMCA on which they didn't respond so it was reinstated and The Orchard cannot strike or claim any videos anymore over my channel provided I don't use any of their music.
        JorisCeoen, Jul 24, 2014 Last edited by JorisCeoen, Jul 24, 2014
      • Sep 9, 2012
        Only royalty free music can be used for youtube videos if you hope to ever make some coin off them.
        PM me I'll send you links to a few sites.