Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

My heart, just not in it

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by ORLY!?!, Aug 16, 2009

1. Sep 7, 2008
    Lately I've been rather turned off about playing zombie mod. I've been turned off over all from playing any sort of CSS game. The reason is rather simple.

Not too long ago I've noticed that zombies can pretty much just jump through cades. I was amazed to how easily it can happen. I mean you took the time to put up a win cade and a damn zombie jumps right through, it's like it wasnt even there.

I often play alone from over players to avoid a changing human. I think if you choose to do so there should be that ability to stay alive by yourself. But with this recent thing being witnessed makes me upset.

It's like "why even build a cade if zombies can make them void anyways?". In zombie mod you only have a few obtions on staying alive. One build a cade *buzzer*, I often tell myself that option is out now. And two, get high in the air. With those two obtions out there makes only one the most logical.

I wonder if there is a way to improve on this with the server? And I'm not talking about half zombies doing it. I've seen all types of zombies do it (damn you headcrab coolbeans!!1). Some servers offer cades that are extremly hard to move let alone break or jump threw. I mean it seems that stuff is way too lite for its own good. Ever shake a soda machine or try moving a file cabinet full of paper? They're tons of weight man.

Over all there should be something in place to just stop zombies waltzing threw well made cades. Basically the way it is now makes the art of cade making obsolete on this server. Thanks!
  2. Aug 1, 2009

Don't take away my ability to glitch through a barricade! :sad:
  3. Mar 16, 2008
    baby, you just have to know how to set up the cade. The other servers offer !props which we haven't wanted to do in the past because it can make some spots impossible and with them working together get to spots that you couldn't before and then break the cade on how they got there...
  4. Aug 8, 2008
    I agree with him, It seems natalya's Props on her map are jump-through-able. and we have a bunch.

It's helpful and it sucks. Gives me kills but lets them glitch right through.

And yeah, I have a pepsi vending Machine in my house(My parents are looneys) and just the door off it weighs atleast 200-300 pounds. No way a zombie jumping and pushing it will 'cause the whole thing to roll over.
  5. Jul 14, 2008

zombies have mutant powers <_< <_<

i never have problems with zombies glitching through my cade. they end up getting stuck in it
  6. May 27, 2008
    You've been playing zombiemod too much when you actually try jumping at it.
  7. Oct 7, 2007
    I understand how the e glitching through barricades is a pain. I admit, I do it.

When I build a cade and I know it's easily glitched, I usually leave the top bit open enough for me to shoot zombies. That way they have to pass mah bullets, plus me shooting my cade makes it glitchy and they just shoot back out like nothing. Problem solved. Noobs. :grin:
  8. Aug 8, 2008

I think it's only Natalya's maps that have bad props in 'em.
    But they're the popular ones and the majority.

Please don't leave Orly, We need a raging flipper man.
  9. Jun 30, 2009
    yeah that is pretty annoying, dude don't go xD
  10. Mar 12, 2008
    usually the most vulnerable part of a vending machine is the back and the bottom, and when its on it's side. if you are pushing it from either of those ways it tends to fly out of control.

when i make a vending machine cade, i make sure they are face up, and laying down so the machine only moves very slightly because the "face" of the machine and the top are visible and are the hardest to push. combine this strategy with a few couches and a table or two for good measure and you're set
  11. Sep 21, 2008
    this is why i don't build cades. mainly because in 5 minutes or w/e chances are that either your teammate will mess up the cade by nading or shooting or the zombie will knock it over. there are only a few rooms in the server map list that have enough vending machines to prevent this. that is why I stand in hard to reach areas and use da best gun evar. mp5.
  12. May 24, 2008
    Way back when I was in the server like 24/7, I would have a cade buddy.
    Campaholic. Me and him were beast at building cades.

We scoped out the best spot and began building up a plan that would work for the next round, or sometimes right on the spot when we needed a cade quick.

You just got to be creative with the cade, find out what will hold it up and keep the zombies out.

Also, find a cade buddy. Good times and memories.
  13. Aug 8, 2008

Yeah, just generally they can still jump through, it's not how it's set up, they still glitch right in, ask Obzen, he was gltichin' into my cade on Apple betterworld.
  14. Aug 1, 2009
    That spot is THE hardest cade to glitch through too. Have to glitch LENGTHWISE through a bookcase. Bookcases are the #1 hardest thing to glitch into initially as well. And belive it or not, when that wall is torn down to make it crouch-entryable, it makes it HARDER, because humans can see/shoot you easier.

Really though, you only have to worry about zombie-glitchers when they are by themselves. Otherwise morons get in the way and you can't set up the entry-glitch.
  15. Sep 7, 2008
    Ha, funny. But you do bring a pretty good point there though. All things should be impossible to pass through by glitching it. If a human glitches a door or anything, its illeagel. If a zombie glitches through a cade then its alright it seems. XD

Awwwwww, I feel the man love here on the Plague fest forums, ha! I didnt say I was or going to leave. I said that I think twice when playing and am upset that zombies can glitch through stuff so easily.

I didnt know that. I was in moonlight and was under the building where that easy cade is made. With the bookshelf and a load of stuff to put behind it. Coolbeans jumped through it like nothing was there. In zombie ranch I was in the room with the fridge and the green cabinet. Cabinet standing up against the window and the fridge in front of the door. Damn meat man jumps right threw the cabinet as if it werent there.

Does anyone feel my fustration?

Over all CSS is set up to be alike that of real world physics. To the guns recoil to the props in game, they should react as they would if they were in a real physical plane.
  16. Jun 30, 2009
    i get where you're coming from, its only on natalyas maps tho (which the server is full of). and that's the main reason i don't cade anymore, its safer to camp a corner than it is in a cade

also as obzen said you've only got to be careful of single zombies as most of the time "special players" get in the way making it near impossible to jump at anything
  17. Sep 7, 2008

Coolbeans, get a job man LOL!
  18. Jun 30, 2009
    Meh, the reason i don't have a job at the moment is, this is my short holiday before university. Then i'll have essays and most probably a job, and not a lot of free time.

so i'm making the most of doing nothing now lol
  19. Sep 7, 2008
    Oh I feel yea man. Most people are like "get a jpb" or "grow up" and yada yada yada. Yet, most of them dont even like their jobs. The hypocrisy, everone has one in some shape or form.

I recall being a full time student and a full time employee, god that sucked. I got lots of money but I didnt have time to spend it. I got good grades in college, but it was boring as hell. You go threw 12 years of your life in school, just to get out and told that the better jobs lay within the piece of paper you obtain at college, bah. Just getting out of the public school system should be valor enough I believe.
  20. Aug 1, 2009

Where do you think I'm posting from? :whistling: