Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

My Minigame Map

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Synopsis, Jul 22, 2012

1. May 28, 2012
    Update: This Is Finished! No More Requests will be taken!

Ok, i am making a minecraft minigames map. I already have some games in mind, but i want your opinion on what should go in.

Form:
    Game name:
    Basic Premise:
    Other Comments:

I will be taking suggestions until 7/30. Feel free to post ideas!

When 7/30 passes, i will take the list of ideas and go into random.org and select 5-8 of the ideas and put them in. I Want original ideas.

Exceptions:

• No Bhop - Already have them chosen...
    • No Climb - Already chosen.....
    • mirrors?
    • (might add more later)
    List:
    Results!!!:
    Synopsis, Jul 22, 2012 Last edited by Synopsis, Jul 31, 2012
  2. Aug 1, 2011
    With the amount of MG maps already out, you will be hard pressed to find many original ideas.
    I may not be one to give mapping advice, but restricting your options for game ideas seems like a terrible idea.
    You could also just come up with the ideas yourself....
    And no climb? I quit.

Negative Nancy out!
  3. May 14, 2011
    The hard part of mg mapping is the originality, the actual mapping is the easy part.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2.
  4. May 28, 2012
    Recheck the post... i edited it with reason.

That is why i need help. I have tried to think of new things, but i cant.
  5. Aug 1, 2011
    Way to edit the post after I post. Now I look like an idiot.
    • Like Like x 1
    • May 31, 2012
      Each team has to beat a boss, the first time to beat it kills the other team. The boss, instead of killing, teleports to a cage (so that you can get moar kills)
      Kewl particle effects are a must.
      • Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • May 28, 2012
        Just One Problem. I suck at making particle effects. Could you make some? Course, you would get recognition.
      • May 31, 2012
        Ehhh... Yes? You tell me what you want -please, I'm slacking enough, don't ask for predator-esque particles, I'm not that good- and I can try...
      • May 28, 2012
        Well, Ill need a cool laser beam effect, a heal effect, and a sonic boom effect

Assuming that one gets picked.
        The others i already have from tf2
      • May 31, 2012
        Errr... Add me on steam and be more precise. I believe I already have some particles that might do that...
      • May 31, 2012
        (FFA Minigame)
        All the players get a pushgun that activates for 2 seconds and has a 6 seconds cooldown. They fight to push eachother ouf ot a ring. The ring randomly moves, breaks (small fractions of it)...

(I'm giving you ideas I was going to use on one mg_ map, but I am too lazy/have too many maps to make to do it)
      • May 14, 2011
      • May 31, 2012
        mg_polar_panic is not a valid example. And the one that pushed you up isn't valid either. (for if you're refering to that ones). I mean ab00se pushguns as in ZE maps (blackmesa remix, for example)
      • May 14, 2011
        I was thinking of polar panic. I dont see how with 48 people it could be different from that.
      • May 31, 2012
        In polar panic you jump and push them in a short range. With pushguns you have a bigger range and a varying area, and pushes are stronger.
      • May 14, 2011
        Would be the same in the end product. Im sure the guys original image was what you said before he hit some random snags.
      • May 31, 2012
        The guy's original image was Crash Bash (PSX) Polar panic modes... Probably?

EDIT: Spider race!
        Every player gets parented a spider model, a func rotating and a button (or a game_ui) They run fast, fast and if they 'SpiderAttack' a player in front of them they make them spin. The racing circuit is a nest with a lot of traps (spiderwebs that slow you down, roots, falling rocks that smash you). The first player to get to the end gets to kill the other team.
        • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
          enviolinador, Jul 22, 2012 Last edited by enviolinador, Jul 22, 2012
        • May 28, 2012
          Well, you run into a problem there. How can i register which button or spider they are going to rotate infront of them>.>

Im not that good of a mapper >.>
        • May 5, 2012
          The way i would make the spider thing is:
          I make a knife weapon, parent a func_rotating to it, and then make a func_button and parent that to the func_rotating, i would make the button behind the knife so the player itself cant click it but only players behind the player can. Im not sure if it rotates the player if you just parent the func_rotating to the knife, but thats what testing is for..

I bet someone will call me out on something i've said wrong here, i wouldnt call myself a mapper and i dont know that much about hammer.^^
          • Like Like x 2