Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

My opinion of p

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by DopeScope, Feb 6, 2012

1. Jul 19, 2011
    I wouldn't be doing this if admins actually put REGULAR player input into the equation. The 1 or 2 noobs that complain about delaying and then go on minas and camp in some stupid hay stack. I mean come on... we should just have a rule about kicking those people. We barely have enough time to finish minas as it is. Too many admins trying to inforce RULES and not caring about what the community thinks. I have personally camped with a few admins that have been here a while and have played ze from the start. They think it is just fine. Of course, this does not apply to any other map. There's a reason for elite ze'ers hoping older servers reopen up. There also is a reason that people that were so loyal at first are just leaving without a second thought. I have not experienced this first hand, but have heard quite a few stories. This because I am still relatively new to ZE.

Please do not take this as an attack on pF. It is the only server i play on regularly. I appreciate the hard work people like Ray have done, but please consider that 60/60 people is not all that matters. Sometimes i like going on this korean server(even though i get 250 ping) because there arn't 5 admins on at one time(somtimes 0). Yet there are no trolls and they have the best teamwork i have ever seen(Passing cades to on another on minas, waiting till everyone is up before cading). Still pF is a great server, just needs something that doesn't allow trolls. You might say I am a troll, or Jackson, but i went to a different server(bG) to see Jackson and I wanted to become zombie everytime and told jackson to join me. He said no and soon i realized why. people were experienced so there was no need to troll. Zombie inflation usually occurs because people are sick of the idiots that dont know how to play. A few is fine because thats the way the gaming world works, but once u get half of the server as newbies( especially when its a max of 60 people) it get out of hand and that is why we keep losing. Love pF, not so sure about the people

Dilli-Didn't mean to offend u bro. It is just for just for jokes. Not implying that you are high when you play CSS. Just when i wrote that i thought of u :thumbsup:

think i am starting to get onthe bad side of admins. I am just going to stay off the forums from now on unless theres something absolutely urgent that needs to be addressed.
  2. Mar 12, 2008
    Being a top-of-the-list server you can expect a lot of newbies.

It's not easy to make it fun for everyone when we have so many people to look over, and just as many admins to wrangle.

I see where your coming from, that a couple of idiots shouldn't ruin it for the rest of the server, but we have to adapt and change rules around because of that. Some people like to troll, and some get away with it causing more problems down the road.

As long as they aren't griefing, or just breaking rules in general, we can't do anything about it.

On the note of "older servers" If they went down, it was probably for a good reason (low popularity, server costs, etc).

The PlagueFest rules have worked since when we had ZE from the start, and it only grew in popularity since then, so we must be doing something right.
  3. Dec 7, 2010
    ^^^^ This.
  4. Aug 18, 2006
    Basically summed up what I was about to say.
  5. Mar 12, 2008

Like a boss.
  6. Nov 24, 2011
    If anything the only rule I would change is banning people using the mic to put the entire team down. When I join PF which I do nightly (Never Enough) I do it to relax and to play with a team of people. I try to complete the objectives and I believe I do a fairly decent job. It's not exactly encouraging people to try very hard when all we fucking hear on a nightly basis is people going "THAT'S PF LOL!" or "CAN'T DO MINAS WITH THIS TEAM LOL!" or "HERP! DERP YOU GUYZ SUCK FAIL! FAIL! FAIL!" or "WE'RE DOING THE PLAUGEFEST!". The worst is when the dumbfuck doing it isn't even playing. Seen that multiple times where some asshole on the spec team is screaming at us about how bad we suck. What the fuck is he / she doing to change it?

Honestly, a few people need to learn to shut the fuck up. If anything is ruining PF it's the mic spam I think the best example of that is the recent posted preditor win. Fucking EvilCusine was screaming at the top of this fucking lungs for 30 fucking seconds. Talk about a turn off when you just want to relax after work and shoot some zombies.

Mute from the player list is currently bugged on all talk servers. If someone has a way around that please let me know. But I think the admins really have to redouble their efforts to keep the shit off the voice chat as you can't simply mute someone. Casual conversation is fine IMO and really great but screaming at the top of your lungs in what can only be described as massive nerd rage because we fail a round should not be acceptable.
  7. Jun 23, 2011
    Just because you find something annoying doesn't mean there needs to be a rule that bans it :razz: (Even tho I'm pretty sure your not trying to get it a rule just saying)

I find the nerd rage funny as hell and people find my screams funny when I get the living shit scared out of me when some ninja zombie rapes me (Except the newer admins) Also people who say where doing the plaguefest are generally are the regulated for example I always say after every fail round "WHERE MAKING PLAGUEFEST PROUD" Just for the fact the idiots wont listen to me and get us all killed :razz:

Also sadly dope there will always be noobs in plaguefest :frown: You have to hope that they listen to us people that lead the team :/
  8. Nov 29, 2010
    You have to keep in mind, zombie mod was meant to be casual and to have some fun. You shouldn't be taking things so seriously since it's a game. A lot of newbies come into the servers on a regular basis just to chill out and talk to each other, some wont be taking the game as seriously as others.
  9. Feb 21, 2007
    grab a demo. they will get banned appropriately.
  10. Feb 18, 2011
    To add on to this feel free to add admins when shit is going down and when one joins everyone either shuts up or doesn't and ends up getting punished.
  11. Dec 6, 2011

And adding on to even more, remember there's a couple ways you can also report players. Post in our player abuse thread or I think "!report" still works.
  12. Feb 18, 2011
    Didn't !report get removed early last year?
  13. Feb 18, 2011
    Yeah, my understanding !report was linked to the vent server.
  14. Feb 1, 2011
    Pretty sure it doesn't work. We don't have Ventrilo, and it definitely isn't linked to Mumble.
  15. Oct 29, 2010
    !report was linked to our IRC channel, which is no longer among the living.