Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

My Pc is getting new upgrades!

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by Notyab, Jun 15, 2011

1. Jun 10, 2011
    FINALLY DONE!!!! Here is my final upgrades below;

Intel i970 extreme quad core running @ 3.8ghz (will go faster later on)
    EVGA x58 sli3 MB
    12gb triple channel DDR3
    470gtx Video Card
    160gb Intel SSD w/ 7 ult
    Antec Liquid Kuler
    HAF Edition Cooler Master case
    760w Seasonic Modular PSU
    Wall mounted asus 24" lcd monitor
    Razor gaming mouse
    Saitek (red led) keyboard
    Rocketfish aluminum gaming mouse pad (red)
    Red cathodes

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Mar 19, 2011
    Very Nice! Yeah definitely upgrade that Graphics card
  3. Mar 22, 2011
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500156&cm_re=GTX480-_-14-500-156-_-Product

do ittt. still beats the entire 500 series aside from 580
  4. May 11, 2011
    With all that set up, might as well go all out.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130659&cm_re=gtx_590-_-14-130-659-_-Product

Nice Bayton. The only thing we have the same is the rocketfish mousepad haha. You're set for a good 5 years at least. I only had 1k invested into mine but its still a beast. No upgrades for 4 years.
  5. Dec 29, 2006
    This thing is like a small nuclear reactor, gets so damn hot.

Used to be a Nvidia fanboy as well, now I've seen the light and moved on to Ati (still enjoy intel though).
  6. Feb 18, 2011
    Im sorry, I wasnt giving 100% attention to your copmuters. I was dazed by that smiley mask you have hung on your wall..... Nice computer though.
  7. Jun 10, 2011
    i will always be anti radeon, been in retail a long time and those used to be the shi$%^& cards. heat should be an issue, this case has a fan that windtunnels straight to the card. i will never own a ati video card. but thats apple to oranges.
  8. Jun 10, 2011

yeaaah my days of over spending on video cards is done. back in the game without a family i could do that lol. 300 will be my max but im gonna wait for the right deal. i have a few months still.
  9. Feb 1, 2010
    I stoped upgrading PC because of game developers dont care anymore about PC gaming. I will waitt for xbox 720 and buy it :grin:

For me PC is just for browsing and developing.
  10. Jun 10, 2011
    my problem is im anti controller, i need a mouse and keyboard. my ps3 is a blueray player and thats about all the use it gets lol. pc gamer for life!
  11. Feb 1, 2010
    PC gaming for life but what can you do when they make shiti port of xbox game for PC full of bugs.

Xbox 360 released in 2005 and every game is runing perfect. From 2005 till 2011 i spended about $5000 for upgrades. Every 2 years for new GPU and every 4 for new CPU and for motherboard and for other PC crap.

Now when they release new xbox im going to buy it. I dont need to wory anymore about perfomance or incompatible.
  12. May 16, 2011
    Sounds like your going to have a pretty beast pc dude! Congrats! :grin:
  13. Mar 30, 2011
    http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-eq-49-en-70-3t80.html

have not tried it but wanted to, when i get the extra money i will get it, but im a PC gamer with an xbox that is used for netflix and netflix only lol
  14. Mar 20, 2011
    Nice rig, need to be careful with those Nvidia's though, they draw a lot of current. I wound up running a dedicated 20amp circuit to my rig to prevent my 15amp circuit from tripping. :thumbsup:
  15. Jun 10, 2011
    wow.... just went to install the SSD and hell broke loose. been having problems for a few days with the pc not wanting to turn on. long story short, thought it was the MB so i bought a new EVGA sweet little thing... same issue, so then i replaced the psu with a nice little Seasonic. Finally up and running, i will put up real pics and the new updates when im done reinstalling everything. Turned out to be an expensive day :frown:
  16. Jun 10, 2011
  17. Jun 10, 2011
    Shameless bump, added the liquid cooler :smile:
  18. Feb 17, 2011
  19. Jun 10, 2011
    building a mini version of this with all the older parts that i just upgraded. figure it will be easier to sell a built pc then parts alone. thanks for the love :smile: sucks that razor doesnt make a red led gaming mouse :frown:
  20. Jan 10, 2009
    dang looks good noty! i can't wait to purchase the parts for mine. i just have an empty shell of a case right now :frown:. i'm super jelly!