Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

My Poorly Made Clay Stuff

Discussion in Creativity started by Gaara1321, Mar 20, 2013

1. Mar 1, 2013
    Started a clay elec thats a lot of fun and a good way to relax. None of my stuff is very good since I just started, but I think its slowly starting to get better :grin:

This ones a giant magnemite whistle. Its about 6" in diameter and sounds like a foghorn, the hole to blow in to is on the side opposite to the eye. My two other things I've done so far are a Diana/Leona (League of Legends) box with their respective crests and a giant mug that ended up being cheeto colored.

No one probably cares, but I figured I'd put this on here anyway :]
    • Artistic Artistic x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
    • Nov 6, 2011
    • Apr 1, 2012
      what's that magnemite doing on your crotch?
    • Mar 1, 2013
      Posing for a picture silly. Totally not giving me a screechjob or anything like that...
    • Jun 11, 2012
    • Mar 1, 2013

Heres the mug that ended up being cheeto orange instead of light brown.
      Also my Diana/Leona box.
      Gaara1321, Mar 21, 2013 Last edited by Kyle, Apr 15, 2013
    • Jan 21, 2011
      • Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Jan 14, 2013
      • Mar 1, 2012
        The outer clear glaze coating. Its what keeps the paint from rubbing off.
      • Mar 1, 2013
        Nope just many many coats of the same glaze. I didn't do a very good glazing job on the magnemite as I was running super far behind, also wasnt able to sand it down to where it needed to be so the surface is horrendously rough making glazing that much harder. I was only able to put a few coats on the main ball while the magnets look better and shinier since they were much smoother and easier to glaze, getting about 4 coats.
      • Mar 1, 2013
        Heres my tree! It looks a lot better in person without all the glare and everything, but oh well. I like how it turned out except for the fact that it was near impossible to glaze on the bottom of the trunk and the dirt around the base because the grass got in the way. Oh well, its a learning experience.

I'm working on a tesla coil thats not really a tesla coil but I think it looks cooler than what it should be if I modeled it accurately.

• Artistic Artistic x 1
          Gaara1321, Apr 15, 2013 Last edited by Gaara1321, Apr 15, 2013
        • Apr 9, 2007
          • Funny Funny x 3
          • Apr 1, 2012
          • Mar 1, 2013