Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

My Steam Broke...

Discussion in Help Desk started by Nezumi, Aug 8, 2011

1. Jun 10, 2011
    I don't know how to describe my problem so... i'll just show you.

[IMG]

I've tried shutting it all down and opening it up again, closing processes, pausing downloads...

Any ideas?
  2. Apr 9, 2007
  3. Jun 10, 2011
    "Have ya tried turning it off 'n' on again?"

No. For one simple reason; my computer itself is fucked. I don't know why, but basically if I turn it off, it takes 1-2hours to get it working again once it does reboot.

Waiting for my brother-dearest to visit in the hopes he'll have some fucking clue as to what is wrong with it.

P.S. Aka, as this screenshot clearly shows, I CANNOT SEE ANYTHING YOU'RE SAYING D:
  4. Sep 22, 2010
  5. Jan 21, 2011

REBOOT! I bet its a BRS issue. (Big Red Switch)
  6. Apr 9, 2007
    Oh. So your system is broken. There's not much we can do then.
  7. Mar 25, 2011
  8. Jan 5, 2007
    I think I actually had that exact same issue a while back. I think I posted about it on here somewhere, so there might be an answer there.

Basically all that happened was I ended up having a missing font file. Can't remember exactly what it was, but I'll see if I can find that post on here for you.
  9. Mar 16, 2008
    I would try spraying the CPU with water. Make sure your pc is on first though.
    a real answer though

-go to \Steam\resource\styles

-open steam.styles with notepad or text editor

-change:

// cool we can define font-families here as well
    basefont="Arial"
    basefontbold="Arial Bold"

TO

// cool we can define font-families here as well
    basefont="Arial"
    basefontbold="Arial"
  10. Aug 18, 2006
  11. Jan 5, 2007
    Yeah, it's a font issue definitely. I can't find the post I made about it before, but you can try what Josh suggested to see if that helps.

The font change, not the water thing. :razz:
  12. Oct 21, 2010
    Pour gas on it, ligt it on fire and buy a mac. lolololololol
    :starwars:
    Hope you figure it out.

Taz
  13. Mar 25, 2011
    Mine actually says "basefont="Helvetica" [$OSX]", but yours will probably work too.
  14. Jan 5, 2007
    Probably the worst suggestion so far. :whistling:
  15. Oct 21, 2010

Wish I could help more Nezumi :frown:

Taz
  16. Jun 26, 2010
  17. Nov 29, 2010
    Get a new HDD, buy some better coolers for your Computer, reinstall windows. Saved for the long term.
  18. Jun 4, 2006
    and could be entirely unnecessary and a waste of $.
  19. Mar 13, 2010

Step 1: Buy lots of these ^

Step 2: Place them everywhere on and in the computer. They will reallign the positive and negative stream particles that move throughout your computer and make it work. I've done this multiple times and it fixes the problem like a charm. Best part, they're re-usable so you only have to buy them once and they work on all computers. (except macs, cause nothing works right on a mac)
  20. Dec 17, 2010
    hahaha, uh oh taz he's hating on the mac man. And best of luck on getting your issue fixed.