Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

My Steam Broke...

Discussion in Help Desk started by Nezumi, Aug 8, 2011

1. Mar 25, 2011
    Why dont you try to restore before you reformat?
  2. Mar 13, 2010
  3. Oct 10, 2010
    Nezumi, SERIOUSLY, you PC is a bunch of DATA trash!

just hit format C:,
    and reinstall windows!

this is the only thing you help.
  4. May 15, 2011
    "9 times out of 10. I cannot help you with anything."

This.

Is one of those times.

Would you agree it may be time to invest in a new computer?
  5. Oct 10, 2010
  6. Sep 6, 2010
    Yeah, trying to reinstall Windows or reformat would definitely help (Win 7 is good, try looking for a legit copy). Maybe your hard drive is too full of unnecessary files that need to be deleted.
  7. Jun 10, 2011
    Tried this part, not the rest yet. It didn't work but I managed to get a screenshot of the strange error that pops up for a split second in my processes...

[IMG]

Also, I notice that somehow in all this, something has unblocked my "This is not a legit copy, you're not allowed desktop backgrounds"? Strange side effect xD
  8. Nov 29, 2010
  9. Mar 25, 2011
    Is it not a legitimate copy of windows 7? A friend of mine also go a fake 7 copy and after awhile it trashed his system. Now he has a legitimate one, no problems.
  10. Sep 6, 2010
    Yeah, I guess this might be the problem. Should get a legit copy of Win 7 or a product key for it (cheaper).
  11. Oct 27, 2010
    I've dealt with my fair share of pirate software. It can be fun to get working sometimes, but after a while it becomes a hassle... especially if you have to maintain it on multiple computers (for multiple people).

What I've learned: buy it.
  12. Jun 4, 2006
    Welp if you end up wanting to try another copy of 7, try Windows.7.SP1.ENG.x86-x64.ACTiVATED - haven't had any issues with it, just installed and that was it.
  13. Jan 5, 2007
    So glad I have Win7 Enterprise edition. Never have to worry about keeping track of how many times it's been activated on different PCs, since the key for it can be used an unlimited number of times.
  14. Apr 9, 2007
  15. Aug 18, 2006
    Or get an untouched ISO from Microsoft Technet. :thumbsup:
  16. Jun 4, 2006

Nah, easier to have one that has the loader integrated... I don't have to do shit - just install as one normally does, no extra steps and it's all good - start updating right away. :pirate:
  17. Mar 20, 2011
    Its not the OS, it is either the HDD or the Powersupply, I assisted Nez and have this confirmed. :starwars:
  18. Jan 5, 2007
    Going to have to second the idea that it could be the PSU.

My old one was starting to fail, and it was making my boot ups take a good 10-15 minutes. Replaced it with a new one, and now it takes around 1-2 minutes. I'd be willing to bet that it would go even faster if I got a new HDD that wasn't around 6-7 years old with multiple reformats done to it.
  19. Jun 19, 2011

HORRIBLE IDEA!!!

1000000% AGREE! :bomb_ie:
  20. Jun 10, 2011
    Ok, so we've established my PC is fucked... but how did that fuck the fonts on my Steam?