Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

My upgraded PC.

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by Taelz, Oct 19, 2011

1. Jun 30, 2011
    When my hard-drive first crashed about a month ago i took it to the nearest place which was best buy, they told me it was gonna be fuck lot of cash to restore it, so i said i'll think about it and went surfing around newegg for the items i've been wanting to add for a while just had no money, so i bought a cheap PC from bestbuy that had a good amount of RAM and a not-so-bad quad-core processor. (I also dont give a shit about the restore and i have to think about get a new windows and an AV, tough situation :/)

This isn't the exact tower, but its pretty close: http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/computer_can_series.do?storeName=computer_store&category=desktops&a1=See+all&v1=series&a2=Top+rated&v2=4.1-5.0&series_name=p7m_series&jumpid=in_R329_prodexp/hhoslp/psg/desktops/All_desktop_series/p7m_series

So, i'm going to use the same excact tower, but add 1 GTX 560 (i'll add another when i have a little bit more money), a nice 800w psu, new 1 tb hard-drive, and i have my eye on a few nice razer products :razz:, i'll add more, but for now with my birthday coming up, i'm hoping i'll get enough money to add it :grin:

Total: $380

I'd like some feedback or some suggestions if possible, its not much but it's a start. :razz: (I always have to think of the fee of taking it to a computer shop and having it add in :/)
  2. Nov 29, 2010
    NNot going to have the same exact tower but you're gonna use the same exact tower... That made a lot of sense. A 560 won't fit in that tower and if it does, its going to overheat and have a very short lifespan. 800w for a 560 is beyond overkill

PS. Excuse me but I'm on my phone and the autocorrect is fucking me up
  3. Jun 23, 2010
    Get a better case/tower (There's plenty of good case below $100).

Instead of getting the current HDD, get this one.
  4. Jun 30, 2011
    Like to make a note, I have no fucking idea about most computers and i'll look into it skipfag :grin:
  5. Jun 23, 2010
    Lmao Fluttergay. Good luck with your build. If you need help, feel free to PM me. Cause I love building desktop!
  6. Feb 21, 2007
    No it is not, depending on what cpu he has, and if he wants to upgrade to SLI in the future, 800w is about right.

Also, I couldn't see the list in ur link, so I have no idea really what ur buying beyond the hdd and gfx card.
  7. Nov 29, 2010

He can't SLI with a single PCI-e
  8. Feb 21, 2007
    again his link didnt work for me, so I have no idea what mobo or anything he is getting.
  9. Nov 29, 2010
    It's on the specs page on the HP website