Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Name for a Bar.

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Xombie, Nov 29, 2011

1. Sep 30, 2011
    I have some good friends back in Germany who are in the process of opening a new bar. It is downtown and not far at all from the Army bases there.
    Since soldiers bring a big amount of profit into bars in the area, they want to give it a good American type name that way it would seem as more of a place of interest to Americans.

TL;DR I need some good names for a Bar/Pub, the more you can give the better. :3
    Thanks in advance.
  2. Feb 18, 2011
    or.....
    Fat Liver
  3. Oct 29, 2010

. . .is a great name.
  4. Mar 12, 2008

if it's an ale house, i'd give it a name that is after a land mark, or maybe the owner has a pet that they love.

if it's a pub type setting, give it a "The _____ _____" type of name.

if it's just a bar, i'd give it a one-line name that is memorable. do they have a theme?

EDIT:Forgot to mention that if it's an American sounding name, and bartenders/patrons can't speak the same language it might make things difficult.
  5. Oct 17, 2011
  6. Aug 20, 2011
  7. Sep 6, 2010
    Hmm, that's a hard one. I guess it would depend on what style the bar/pub is. What kind of drinks are served in there. I'd assume mostly beer. I'd suggest The Military Tavern, since a lot of military personnel attend the bar. I was also thinking of some popular American names like Las Vegas, New York but then the bar might have to reflect on the name with the appropriate style.