Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

NASA Discovers Hidden Portals In Earth’s Magnetic Field

Discussion in In The News started by Anathema, Mar 9, 2013

1. Feb 18, 2011
    Scientists discovered an interesting phenomenon in the magnetosphere. The Sun's and Earth's magnetic forces create a criss-cross or X path that allows for the uninterrupted flow of charged particles. This path opens and closes dozens of times daily. The path helps magnetically charged sun particles get to Earth successfully without interruption. The very same particles are responsible for creating geomagnetic storms (It can: Create deadly levels of radiation, mess up the biology of species, and can damage or destroy nearly all existing technology.), heating the upper atmosphere of Earth, and creating those beautiful auroras we've seen up in the North Pole. Now, why is this shit so amazing? This "X" path could very well eventually help prove the existence of wormholes. Proposed by Einstein, wormholes suggest there are tunnels in space that start in one end of the universe and end in another, almost like an instant teleport. If intelligent life actually visits us like some people say then they might be using this mechanism to do it.

2. Apr 1, 2012

good thing I'm not going to get probed by aliens by the time they got here unless they like to probe dead bodies.
  3. Dec 6, 2011
    I love this kind of science-y shit, it's too bad that a lot of studies and research is usually over-exaggerated and stretched out to get more attention, so usually don't just jump on right away.
  4. Feb 18, 2011
    I wouldn't go so far as to say it's over-exaggerated. We are long ways away from proving wormholes, but this could help us get on the path.
  5. Nov 11, 2011
    Well, if you're interested in this kind of stuff, I suggest you read works by Michio Kaku or watch his Through The Wormhole and Through The Wormhole: 2 series (probably on YouTube). It's interesting stuff but using these wormholes is unfeasible with today's technology. Still, makes you wonder.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feb 18, 2011
      Dude, I love Michio Kaku. His theory on the types of civilizations is buttfuckawfftgoewgawesome.
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • May 31, 2012
        I'm tripping balls on this right now because I am very sure my History teacher told me about this stuff back in 2005. I am not sure which NASA he completed his research with, it sounds more like speculation or just a broad idea that this man wants to look into... I'll keep a look out in my emails...
        • Like Like x 1
        • Jun 11, 2012
          I've always used Astrophysics as a hobby of mine. I just wish I am alive when space exploration is refined to a point when we can travel into the yonder. Till then I'm gonna stick with Battlestar Galactica, Mass Effect, Stargate, and Eureka.

Thanks for sharing
        • Apr 16, 2012
          this is awesome, another revolutionary time for science is apon us! we will be the ones growing up as we continuously discover new mysteries about science and the universe.
          i dont know if any of us will live long enough to see human technology evolve to bring science fiction to life :crying:, but im sure we will see some amazing advances in our era. (unless they find a way to extend human life span, me hopes)
        • Feb 21, 2007
          I skimmed the article. I don't see how this is a "portal" or anything else. It said the magnetic fields line up, not shit gets teleported thru space and time.
        • Nov 11, 2011
          I didn't read the article, but as soon as I saw portal, I knew they would be speaking about wormholes/blackholes, etc.
        • Oct 22, 2012
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Nov 11, 2011
            This is Plaguefest's version of a Reddit TIL repost.
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Feb 12, 2012
              Why? :frown: I just brought a bit of science fiction in Zombie Escape. Thats all. :frown: I didn't want to do that! :frown: I didn't want to make this map! But it made me to! The map just kept saying "YES! MORE PORTALS! HERE, HERE, AND HERE!". It put a gun to my head! I HAD NO CHOICE! I'm sorry. I'M SO SORRY! [shoots himself] Ahhh............................................................ BRAAaaaaaaaaAAAAINS...................
            • Jun 11, 2012
              Blame Subdor Deltor for the end of the world