Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

National Defense Authorization Act

Discussion in Entertainment started by Anathema, Dec 8, 2011

1. Feb 18, 2011
  2. Jan 21, 2011
    1. link doesn't work
    2. is this really the place to discuss politics?
  3. Sep 30, 2011
    I don't know if this bill is true or not.
    Either way it wouldn't be a surprise. Just another step in the direction of the One World Government that the US is going for.
  4. Mar 12, 2008
    Government gonna govern.

Is it too late to move to Sweden where theres hot women, lots of beer, delicious chocolate and no laws?
  5. Feb 18, 2011
    1. I will fix that in a second.
    2. It is media madhouse. I found a video talking about it and I thought posting it classifies as this section. I'm not trying to discuss why the senate would pass this, I am asking what people think of the bill. I don't intend for it to be a debate. If it does feel free to lock it.
  6. Oct 27, 2010
    If your argument involves a Guy Fawkes mask it's not an argument worth having.
  7. Feb 18, 2011
  8. Oct 27, 2010
    Still not going to watch the video :razz:

And I'll explain why:

The use of that mask is to deliberately increase the spectacle of the situation. I'm not interested in spectacle when it comes to, what I imagine is, a serious argument. It's cruel, sadistic, and methodology employed by every major dictator and totalitarian in the history of humanity. I will not endorse it.
  9. Feb 18, 2011
    I have no problem with that whatsoever. The only reason I watched it is cause it was in my suggestion box in youtube and it was a viral video with like 1,00,000 in a few days time period of being up.
  10. Feb 1, 2011
    If they want people to listen to their message, they should find a better way of delivering it. The creepy female-layered-on-unnaturately-low-male-voice resulted in me stopping the video about 30 seconds in.
  11. Feb 18, 2011
    Adding news links so people don't have to watch the video if they don't want to.
  12. Sep 26, 2010
    There you go

and it is true...it passed in the senate 97-3 the other day (still waiting on the house bill of course)
  13. Mar 12, 2008
    The reason they use the voice overlay is because they are anonymous. Anonymous has no identity.

I won't go into it but if you don't know, just Wikipedia it or something. It's too much to explain to those that might not care.
  14. Apr 6, 2011
    I read about this bill the day after it was passed I don't agree with it and a lot of the rights have been taken away for sometime now but honestly there isn't much anyone can do considering it would be taking on the whole government and with this new bill well you would be asking for a whole hell of a lot problems in your own life..
  15. Apr 14, 2011
    "Chels their is alot can be done." Their are so many uneducated people in the world on what is going on. So many people are no aware of what goes on in the world let alone in their own town. If we start talking and i mean talking and spreading the word on this, and have people write to their senators and what not then we as a people can get this overturned. The people control the government. dont ever think we dont. Look at Egypt, they got tired of it and hit the system restore key. We as natural citizens born to this country have the duty to preserve what has been fought for by the older generations. Millions have died fighting for this country, so people saying that we should just get out... I dont think so I will fight for my country... Their is a difference between your country and your government. I fight for my country not my government...

I dont this this thread is political seeker" its about our rights, not about who we think should be in office ^^

Have a good night and a happy holidays folks.
  16. Feb 18, 2011
    Obama threatened to veto the bill, so I guess it won't exist once the paperwork comes into his hands.
  17. Jul 20, 2010
    Old news people. Also did none of you read the part where it say's in the bill that american citizens are exempted from being detained by the US military also it doesn't allow the military to conduct operations in the US which is already against the law unless certain things warrant it like a Civil War for example. Obama can veto the bill all he wants but he's gonna be in a shit storm for vetoing a defense spending bill.
  18. Feb 18, 2011
    Bad its a very expensive bill. The bill DID say we can get detained/killed/jailed for no reason IF the armed forces want to.
  19. Jul 20, 2010
    And so what if its a very expensive bill? There's a very good reason why the US is called the strongest military in the world. Go read the bill again. The part where it says US citizens are exempted from being detained by the military. Only way the military could take you is say if you're in Afghanistan fighting against the US then they can hold for as long as they please.
  20. Aug 18, 2006
    Same thing I got from it..