Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Not Abuse Nayr pls.

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by John Doe, Nov 30, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 19, 2013
    @Nayr abused @spec @me earlier today to avoid death. Uploaded a video of him to youtube using @spec to avoid death because I didn't have a demo and didn't want to force anyone who cared to watch the video to download a 2 gig vid. @Drunk Cat was chasing after him and witnessed him using @spec to avoid death. He also has demos of nayr abusing @spec on atix which he will upload. @errl dabz also witnessed. It happens around 7 minutes on the youtube vid. @Orange says that his has also witnessed nayr abuse @spec in the past.

Vid:
    via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1BXkL4W_Uk&feature=youtu.be
  2. Feb 27, 2012
    For the one in the video, the timebomb wouldn't have hurt his rank. Only Player vs Player kills affect your rank. Unless you're talking about when he ran and couldn't see what was going on down there past the door, then you're right, there could have been zombies in which he used sm_spec @me to save himself.
  3. Jun 19, 2013
    The timebomb was toggled off before it exploded and whenever nayr noticed it was off, he put himself in spec to avoid being tagged since he jumped down.
  4. Apr 24, 2012
    That's exactly right, I thought I was going to blow up so I jumped down to avoid hurting the other player I was caded with then I ran when the timebomb didn't go off on me I went into spec. John accused me of going into spec to avoid a death and that's not the case, there was no one there when I went into spec. If there had been something done wrong don't you think brian (which is root) would have reprimanded me at that point. He didn't because we were playing around, he toggled the timebomb on me for fun. We were testing a map with lots of illegal spots everyone knew that I thought was going to explode so I jumped down I didn't know he was going to turn it off my round was already ruined and no one was trying to stab me when I went to spec. But thank you so much john for bringing the proof with you to this accusation and obviously non abuse thread.
    Post Merged, Nov 30, 2013
    @Brian
  5. Jan 17, 2013
    LOL no one was trying to stab you? i was following you in my spec cam waiting for the boom and saw 2-3 zombies chasing you, and as soon as you hit the little puddle of water in that room you went spec, and the zombies had no idea where you went.

edit - is there a way i can back to previous games and have them recorded? i dunno how the steam console videos work. if i can, i can prove to everyone he was clearly running from zombies and went spec. then didn't say shit when we called him out in game for it..
  6. Feb 1, 2011
    I think the time bomb kind of nullifies any abuse (if there was any...I don't even see him go into spec since he runs off into that hallway) in this particular scenario... if there had been no time bomb then he would have still been up in his spot and A O K. Seems like him and Brian were just having some harmless fun.

Any other instances of abuse that are separate from this incident should be in a separate abuse thread. I guess I'll leave this open but I really don't see any abuse here
  7. Orange
    This message by Orange has been removed from public view. Deleted by PeNguiN, Nov 30, 2013, Reason: Has nothing to do with the abuse.
    Nov 30, 2013
  8. Tony The Tiger
    This message by Tony The Tiger has been removed from public view. Deleted by PeNguiN, Nov 30, 2013, Reason: Has nothing to do with the abuse.
    Nov 30, 2013
  9. Apr 24, 2012
    How can I see them if they are behind me? DUH
  10. Orange
    This message by Orange has been removed from public view. Deleted by PeNguiN, Nov 30, 2013, Reason: Has nothing to do with the abuse.
    Nov 30, 2013
  11. Jun 19, 2013
    @Drunk Cat was chasing after you and other zms were chasing after you as seen in the video. If your intention was to go to spec to avoid being blown up, you would have been way too late. Instead, you say "oh wait wtf" after you realized that you didn't blow up and that someone was going to tag, so moved yourself to spec to avoid being tagged.
  12. Jan 17, 2013
    dillinger, how is it not avoiding death? he may have jumped down not to hurt another player (which is BS), but since the bomb didn't go off that gives him the right to up and jump out of the game while he's being chased? he was being chased by zombies, and went into spec when he got into that little room and the bomb was disabled.
  13. Jul 20, 2010
    I'm with Dillinger on this one as well, there is no real abuse here. Brian timebombed him to have fun and Nayr ran off to not let the other CT die from the explosion, since that would ruin that CT's round. By Nayr jumping off that ruined his round as well. Brian turned off the timebomb right before it went off and Nayr went to spec right after it turned off and Nayr had no problem with the bomb going off but it didn't. Without the timebomb Nayr would have stayed up on his spot and been fine.

Also nice waiting over 3 hours to post this from when it first happened at around 4:13pm PST, guess it gave you time to get your stories together don't be a total asshat and just try to start shit where there is no case of abuse. If you do have a legit case of Nayr abusing the spec command please make a separate topic with proof.

Locking as this isn't abuse but a witch hunt by some unsavory players.
  14. Feb 27, 2012
    Tony The Tiger, Nov 30, 2013 Last edited by Badgriuel, Nov 30, 2013
  15. Feb 1, 2011
    Bad said I could unlock this based on the additional evidence Tony posted.

I watched his demo and used drive, and Nayr indeed does go to spec the exact moment that a zombie goes to stab him. This additional evidence now has me on the fence whether this is abuse or not.

On one hand, you could argue that it's not abusive since he was just escaping a death that would have been caused partially by a root-level admin command.

On the other hand, he definitely uses spec @me and escapes death at the very moment he was about to get stabbed.

I don't really know what to think. Brian?
  16. Apr 24, 2012
    I was timebombing and jumped down when he turned it off I said wtf and went to spec. If I was worried about a death I wouldn't have jumped down where there were zombies, this is BS. It was a trial map and @Brian was playing around. No harm no foul. I wasn't mad about being timebombed as the demo Clearly shows. This is a poor attempt at retaliation for past events. Wait till brian weighs in on this before you make your decision, he is going to corroborate what im saying to you and this is bs. Brian wasn't punishing me and this is a map that had no illegal because it was a test map and we were playing around. As soon as he took the timebomb off I went into spec no longer wanting to participate in the round because if it would have been removed before I jumped I would have stayed where I was and finished the round as I had the best illegal/non illegal spot on the map as there were no illegals, zombies were unable to get us there we issued a challenge to all zombies and they still couldn't get us. Brian thought It was funny to timebomb me according to my challenge. I was not mad at the timebomb as it was done in fun. The rest happened within seconds and there was no abuse asserted intentionally. I wasn't aware of any pursuers and I was a little confused when the timebomb was switched off, so I went to spec because the round for me was over.
  17. Apr 4, 2009
    I don't seen an issue with the spec in this scenario. #blamebrian

:handcuffs:

If there are any issues in the future with normal circumstances please bring them to the forums with proof.

Thanks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.