Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Resolved Nayr

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Soft Serve, Jul 17, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 8, 2013
    y u gotta cheat me out of one more round of zm_endless brah?

[Source Mod] No map got over 70% votes (zm_bumfight_v5 [56%] & zm_4way_tunnel_pf_final [29%]), starting runoff vote
    RealAmericanHero suicided.
    LC [pF]: lol aeko
    Kazuma: never played bumfight lol
    ShockeD: vote 1
    Jcuabear™ killed ✌uGotZeroSkills☮ with zombie_claws_of_death.
    [Goomba] Jcuabear™: Goomba Stomped ✌uGotZeroSkills☮.
    Join us on Mumble! mumble.plaguefest.com
    ✌uGotZeroSkills☮: Wow bear lol
    [Source Mod] Map voting has finished. The next map will be zm_bumfight_v5. (Received 70% of 41 votes)
    ShockeD: MINE 2
    Jcuabear™: LOL
    ✌uGotZeroSkills☮: aha
    ✌uGotZeroSkills☮: Saw you comnig anyway Thought i let you lol
    ShockeD: hokey pokey
    Demon connected.
    [Source Mod] Nayr [pF]: Changing map to zm_officesspace_pfss_2...
  2. Feb 27, 2012
    @Nayr would you like to weigh in on this situation?
  3. Apr 24, 2012
    I didn't mean to change the map. I had the admin menu up and when I was exiting it I accidentally hit the wrong button and it changed the map. My apologies satin.
  4. Tewfen
    This message by Tewfen has been removed from public view. Deleted by Tony the Tiger!! :D, Jul 17, 2014, Reason: not needed. http://plaguefest.com/threads/abuse-thread-reminder-everyone-read.6380/.
    Jul 17, 2014
  5. Feb 27, 2012
    To change the map to officespace, you would have had to hit your admin menu bind (for me it's f1), hit 2, hit 1, hit 9 ten times, then hit 2. How do you accidentally do all of that without realizing it?

Code:
    (Admin Only) Nayr [pF]: who changed it
    (Admin Only) LC [pF]: I dont know I thought it was bumfight
    (Admin Only) atxdragon: you did nayr
    (Admin Only) Nayr [pF]: i did?
    (Admin Only) Nayr [pF]: no
    (Admin Only) atxdragon: yea...

6. Apr 24, 2012
    I really didnt realize it until after the map changed. I had my admin menu up after making a map vote change, then when I went to exit it I hit the wrong button by mistake. My apologies tony and satin.
  7. Apr 9, 2012
    It sounds to me like it was an accident. I often (at least back in the time) wandered for many minutes through the nomination list to think which one I would nominate, sometimes requiring many pages to be passed (like pressing 9 a loot of times). Anyways it sounds like it could have been solved by just going to the nominated map after all by himself or another admin.
  8. Feb 27, 2012
  9. Apr 24, 2012
    Players in the server were saying can we change the map. Then I made a map vote and when I went to exit it I accidentally hit the map chosen to change. Wasn't intentional to change maps and I apologize to satin for changing the map.
  10. Jed
    This message by Jed has been removed from public view. Deleted by Detonator, Jul 17, 2014, Reason: Not relevant to this thread.
    Jul 17, 2014
  11. Dec 17, 2007
    I was on with nayr before this happened, i actually disconnected before this incident. However me and nayr were actually discussing about changing the map, due to the fact that the maps we were playing was in fact killing the server. We were on one map and literally more than half the players left because of the map that we were on, and no one wanted to rtv. Nayr did call for a map vote but never changed the map, instead just tried to get ppl to rtv. I don't think nayr changed it on purpose especially to officesspace.
  12. Feb 27, 2012
    Alright, well, i understand if you did this by accident, and it seems like a genuine mistake. However, why didn't you change it to the map that was originally voted for?
  13. Mar 8, 2013
    the server was full, and remained full. http://stats.plaguefest.com/css2

we had also just voted for the next map, so there was no need whatsoever to initiate a forced vote.

I didn't hear anything about anyone wanting to change the map. I usually notice these things when it concerns maps I made.
  14. s6t6n
    This message by s6t6n has been removed from public view. Deleted by Tony the Tiger!! :D, Jul 17, 2014, Reason: not needed. http://plaguefest.com/threads/abuse-thread-reminder-everyone-read.6380/.
    Jul 17, 2014
  15. Dec 17, 2007
    well unfortunately you misread my post...and i said i was on and disconnected before this incident happened..you were not on at the time...however i was giving insight as to why nayr may have made the mistake of changing the map...but as it is i believe this is a witch hunt to try to get admins into trouble

this quote shows that this was the last round on zm_endless and honestly there was no need for an abuse thread other than someone just getting mad bc they didn't get to play the last round on a certain map

again you misread my post...sry to say soft server, bc i have not issues with you what so ever, but from what it sounds like is that you're getting offended the same way that gigabite was on another post. here is the thing yes 4-way tunnel is a server killer and i've seen it were ppl disconnect bc of that map, however i can assure you that nayr is a high advocate for that map as in he knows how to bhop...if it is the case of bumfight, bc honestly i don't follow who makes what map, i just don't care, i can tell you though that a lot of ppl like bumfight and it is not a server killer, so nayr changing the map to officesspace is more than likely a mistake, bc if anything if he did do it on purpose he would have changed it to 4-way tunnel and not officesspace
    Post Merged, Jul 17, 2014
    nayr already did explain why in one of his threads..see quote below VV

tony i aint trying to be a dick or tell anyone how to do things...but if you all believe that nayr didn't do anything wrong can we get a lock on this...i got a feeling that this is going to turn into something where it's going to go back and forth
  16. Feb 27, 2012
    I highly doubt this is what's going on, but is besides the point. This is a legitimate thread.

Inappropriate, nor does it matter. It's a legitimate thread.

This proves nothing, nor is it a help to this thread.

That doesn't answer my question at all. Re-read my post. He still should have put it to the originally voted for map.

It will be closed once everything is figured out. As for the back and forth, posts will be deleted, and warning points will be issued, as well for useless posts.

Unless you have anything more to contribute to this thread that is actually relevant, please don't post in this thread. Please read this thread here http://plaguefest.com/threads/abuse-thread-reminder-everyone-read.6380/
  17. Mar 8, 2013
    I value server time on maps that I consider work-in-progress. it helps me figure out what needs to be improved. if a majority of people want to rtv that's fine, but admins shouldn't go changing the map according to their own whims.
  18. Dec 17, 2007
    soft serve i'm going to take it and apologize for that second post, it may have been uncalled for and a little harsh. My original post was just to give insight as to why nayr may have changed the map and that it may have been accidental.

i'll hold response for another thread
  19. Feb 1, 2011
    Well, uh, I don't usually like to let abuse threads hang around this long, but I haven't known where to go with this one. Obviously Nayr shouldn't have changed the map without consulting with the players, and even then, a custom map vote would have been unnecessary since the server was full and the next map had already been chosen.

If it was a mistake, then it wasn't outright admin abuse. If it was on purpose, then it was kinda abusive. Since it's impossible to discern between the two, I think I'll go ahead and call this "Resolved" since there was a misuse of admin commands, whether accidental or not. @Nayr, try to be more careful when you've got the admin menus open.

:handcuffs:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.