Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Need a good graphics card

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by Death Killer, Jul 12, 2011

1. Jun 19, 2011
    Can anyone donate a not too sucky (that doesn't lag while playing cs and while burning as a zombie, lowest settings are fine) graphics card? Or if you are very kind, please buy me a new-old one :smile: .
  2. Oct 27, 2010
    Make a map for the Mega Mappers Contest. You could win a $100 gift card to a place like NewEgg.com and buy a new graphics card :tongue:
  3. Jun 23, 2010
    Look around on Craiglist in your area.
  4. Jun 19, 2011
    It's not the money (50% money), it's the place where I can get a GOOD one. NewEgg.ca doesn't have any good things, only .com has them, which I can't buy anything from .com since I'm in Canada.

I hope people do sell those on Craigslist... I've been searching for quite a while now.
  5. Dec 30, 2006
    Would Ncix.ca work for you? A good person to ask is kyle or any fellow canadians here
  6. Jul 1, 2010
    Have no idea about where to get one in Canada, but.. by now both the "last" gen nVidia and AMD cards are probably at around the same price, but all I know is AMD anymore since thats all I use. For css you could probably go as far back as a 4870 if you really wanted to (and probably a bit older than that), it would be a sure thing with a 5770.
  7. Jun 19, 2011
    I'm not looking for new ones (cause they are so expensive!!) I would be more than happy if everyone can donate 50 cents (a dollar would be better) to me =] that way I will get my new card in no time =]

4870 is at the edge, 5770 = EXPENSIVE!!
  8. Jul 1, 2010
    Edited the post a bit since that quote >.< I'm a bit bad with that... I'm not too familiar with anything before the 4000 series with AMD (would be ATI on those models I think still, doubt they changed the old ones).
  9. Jun 19, 2011
    Anything before 4000 = probably can't even run CSS. So, I'm hoping that everyone can donate a dollar to me =]
    paypal email: joshyu@live.ca
  10. Dec 30, 2006
    I misread your post. lol sorry man. Best of luck to you though.
  11. Jan 7, 2009
    Would a 7900 GS be any good for you? I've got one of those lying around I could probably sell for le cheap.
    Works fine for CS:S, by the way.
  12. Jun 19, 2011
    I already got one, thanks.