Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Need a more versatile Windows Explorer (not IE)

Discussion in Software Sanctuary started by Trond, Dec 31, 2013

1. Jul 20, 2012
    Are there a version for Windows Explorer where one can scroll in two windows through harddrives and maps?
  2. May 27, 2012

[IMG]
  3. Jul 20, 2012
    I prefer auto-sizing, but the thing that ruins this option is that I am also using the Preview pane. Not enough room even with 1920*1080 on a 27".
  4. May 27, 2012
  5. Feb 27, 2012
    Idk what you want exactly, but there is this cool extension for Windows Explorer. It adds Google Chrome style tabs, so you don't end up with 400 windows open.
    http://ejie.me/clover-wings-for-explorer/

I love it, it works awesome and keeps you from getting so disorganized.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Jul 20, 2012
    • Jul 8, 2012

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
    • Jul 20, 2012
      Does it happen this addon lags Windows Explorer?
    • Jul 20, 2012
      It can take 3-7 seconds till Notepad opens when double-clicking a .txt file
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Everything opens just fine for me. No lag at all. You could try uninstalling Clover and see if it fixes it.
    • Jul 20, 2012
      It did fix it by uninstalling it. I really liked that addon. Whatever it was I hope to use it again.
    • Dec 2, 2013
      Sounds like you could use something like Total Commander. Probably the most popular file manager for windows with multiple views and has a bunch of extra power user features that I enjoyed when I used to use it years ago. WinSCP is free and also has support for multi-window file browsing. It's more oriented towards SCP/FTP stuff, but is usable as a simple file browser.
    • Jul 20, 2012