Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Need a new headset..

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by Nezumi, Feb 5, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 10, 2011
    Any advice? I currently have Sennheiser PC350 but though the audio quality has been great, they've been slowly falling apart. First the cover of the earphones malted over my face, then the inner padding disintegrated and the wires have long since been fraying, only today did it finally give in and the mic has stopped working.

So! I need a new one, anyone got some good audio quality headphones that can take a lot of abuse? :razz:
  2. Aug 1, 2011
    I have the G35 by logitech, good sound quality with 7.1 surround, comes with voice modulators and a bunch of settings that can be changed. If you're willing to spend the extra dollar, I'd recommend these.

Also, found them to be fairly rugged, dropped them off the desk and kicked them many times, took over a year before I accidentally kicked my old set against a wall and broke them, and bought another set since I felt they were worth the money to replace.
  3. Aug 1, 2011
    Random question. How the hell do you abuse headphones. Like for real, that just blows my mind. -mindblown-

In other news, I use turtle beaches, but my laptop doesn't support mic output since it has a built-in mic so I have a useless set of turtle beaches. Meh
  4. Jun 10, 2011
    Did you search the headset I have? I've had this 3 years now, and buying it new is STILL more expensive than buying the G35 :razz: "Dollar" is not the concern here ;D

I uhh... roll over the wire with my chair, leave them on the floor, sleep in them... *ahem*
  5. Aug 1, 2011
    If you really want a headset with a mic, get one that is usb based. It should work.
  6. Dec 30, 2011
    If you want the best sound quality, go for sennheiser or bose, they're considered the very best headphones
  7. Jan 11, 2012
    I'm using a ISY IHS 5000 Stereo Headset. It's very abusiveproof and the sound quality is really good. And it's cheap
  8. Jan 21, 2011
    I have the G930 which is the wireless version of the G35. The emulated 7.1 is shit. It has a very annoying echo to it, so I usually shut it off. With the surround sound off, they still sound fantastic. I also have the logitech H760 which is very comfortable and its wireless which is nice. The Plantronics gamescom series headsets are pretty good, also.
  9. Dec 6, 2011
    If your looking to save some cash, Amazon has a ton like 50% off right now. Though if your looking for top of the line headsets, look no further. Everybody just listed a bunch of great ones above. Personally, I like the Logitech's.
  10. Oct 27, 2010
    I have the Sennheiser PC360 which I love. There a bit more then the 350's but there are less moving parts so they'll last longer. Also the have an open design which keeps your ears from getting hot and you can hear the phone when you need to :razz:; they're super comfortable too. I love everything I've ever gotten from Sennheiser, they're a great company that makes really high quality products

EDIT:
    Don't buy Bose.
  11. Feb 18, 2011
    • Nov 29, 2010
      Well, if you're looking for a headset at around the 70₤ Range, I'll recommend the Corsair Vengeance 1500.

Fantastic audio quality and Mic quality as I own this pair. Noise cancelling mic and Dolby 7.1 Virtual Surround which is fully customizable.

The software if comes with is very user friendly allowing you to set your EQ on the fly and be able to fine-tune the virtual surround. Lightweight, durable and most of all; comfortable. The virtual surround on them is also exceptional.

With built in subwoofers, you can feel the headphones themselves vibrate, and is balanced so it doesn't muddle out the sound

[IMG]

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CA-9011112-WW-Vengeance-Gaming-Headset/dp/B005QUQP7G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328469567&sr=8-1
    • Mar 12, 2008

Falls of the desk, Hang it by an earcup/earpad on the edge of the desk sometimes causing the first problem, accidentally your whiskey on them, cord management failures, pulling too hard to put them on your dome/pulling too hard to slip them off.
    • Feb 24, 2011
      Got a KOSS SB/45 and it works/feels like a charm
    • Jan 21, 2011
      7.1 surround in a headset shouldn't be the main selling point for you because its a gimmick; audio quality is sacrificed to achieve the fake surround sound.
    • Nov 29, 2010
      Not necessarily, headphones with virtual surround have two speakers, one on each side, (No shit). However it's the software and programming that makes the headphones function that way, unless you bought a pair that came with terrible quality speakers.
    • Sep 22, 2010
      Bought these on Amazon two days ago for $15 during some sale. Still waiting on them. But the 7.1 surround has been a give and take. I've heard the Corsairs that Clam has and they sound legit surround. Though, try to stay away from the cheaper 7.1's, because they just sound terrible.
    • Jan 7, 2009
      Siberia v2s. The sound quality is really pretty good; not mind-blowing, but they aren't supposed to be audiophile-grade cans. They're really light (I've had them on for 4+ hours straight, and by that time I could barely feel them on my head), and they have a pretty clean, attractive style too. They feel pretty durable; not really any creaking of the plastic or flexing at the seams (insofar as I can tell). And they're not terribly expensive.
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.