Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Need For Speed (Series) Discussion

Discussion in Gaming started by Brett, May 22, 2012

1. Dec 6, 2011
    A lot of the NFS series have been just completely outstanding, but sadly it seems like it's heading towards the direction of just going for the money lately, and taking realism and other aspects out of the picture. NFS: The Run was a completely different approach, although I didn't like the excessive use of terribly unrealistic physics, I did like the gameplay quite a bit.

My personal favorites from the NFS series were Hot Pursuit 2, Underground 2, and Carbon. Hot Pursuit 2's gameplay was just perfect with just about everything. For a game being from 2002, it sure showed it's potential. Shit, I still have it, and I still play it!

As for Underground 2 and Carbon, the nighttime racing was just amazing, and the possibilities were endless. I possibly have over 500 hours each racked up on these games. Xbox Live NFS:Carbon online level: 213 =P

What NFS games have you played/liked? I'm not a fan of some of the newer ones out, with the newest Hot Pursuit being.... ALRIGHT, and NFS: The Run being somewhat interesting.
  2. Feb 14, 2012
    Underground and Underground 2 are my favorites.
  3. May 14, 2011
    I had carbon on PS3 and i love it! Havent played on PS3 for like 4 months though :/
  4. Mar 26, 2011
    Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (old) on PC is one of my Fav games.
  5. Aug 18, 2006
    Implying Need For Speed was realistic? FAR, FAR from it. Have you played any other racing games, such as Gran Turismo? Dont get me wrong, NFS for the most part is a fun series, I played most of them myself, but it's not realistic. Far from it, actually.
  6. May 14, 2011
    By realistic I think he meant the free roam aspect, which I think all of us miss from this series.
  7. Dec 6, 2011
    I don't think I said that correctly =S But you should get what I mean with some of the newer crap that's out. Honestly quite annoying, all of the awesome customization is gone as well.
  8. Feb 14, 2012
    When I sit down to play a video game the last thing in the world I want to worry about is brake router temperature and fucking shifting points. Arcade racing ftw.
  9. Dec 6, 2011