Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Need help downloading maps

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by ZombiePStar, Jul 10, 2011

1. Jun 18, 2011
    I tried to download zombie maps such as Mako, Predator and place the them in my CSS folder. However the same message keeps appearing "Couldnt CRC maps." I even tried deleting my whole CSS folder and installing it. Didnt work.

I need some help cause its very frustrating to be kicked out of a game because you cant play every other map...
  2. Feb 18, 2011
    Did you try deleting it from your maps folder and re-dlin it?
  3. Jun 18, 2011
    It automatically did that when I deleted my css folder. Idk if the file that Im downloading is actually proper format for css.
  4. Feb 21, 2007
    that's a bit vague
  5. Jun 18, 2011
    I mean the file that i downloaded had ".rar" at the end and the rest of the maps in my folder are ".bsp" or something similar.
    Then again im not super tech savy so i have not idea what that means
  6. Jul 14, 2010
    You need to extract the contents of the rar file into the map folder. A rar holds files in it which you must extract. You can extract them with winrar. http://www.win-rar.com/download.html or I think windows has it's own extracter but I don't use it so IDK.
  7. Mar 25, 2011
    This, just download win-rar, then right click the ".rar"s you put in you map folder and click "Extract here".
  8. Jun 4, 2006
    Not the best advice given not all archives maintain the same dir structure (e.g., he might end up with cstrike/maps/cstrike/maps/mako.bsp), best to just open the archives up and know exactly where you're putting stuff.
  9. Jun 18, 2011
    Ok ill try but before I do, does the same thing apply on a MAC?
  10. Jun 4, 2006
    You would just need to find an equivalent app for OSX that allowed you to extract .rar archives - and if maps can't DL from in-game apparently mac users can't DL maps that are larger than a certain size. Dillinger is on mac as well you might want to ask him if you see him.