Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Need help for test a map

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by TheCяiSsys, Jul 29, 2013

1. Jul 29, 2013

i know i'm just arrive but, ZombieFurbie suggest me to post because i need your help,
    for test my new map :grin:

i don't made a gamebanana page because it's a beta and i don't want do like my ze_naruto ^^
    If you can help me to test it i'm will very pleased.

Link > http://www22.zippyshare.com/v/1687465/file.html

Enjoy, TheCriSsys.
  2. Apr 3, 2013
  5. Nov 11, 2011
    No problem, it'll take some time to get used to the forum layout coming from SE :wink: You should also purchase donator or admin, lots of perks! :grin:
  6. Jul 17, 2012
    You need to post it in the map suggestion thread here: http://plaguefest.com/threads/map-suggestion-thread-cs-s.687/

Just use the template from the first page and retslag will take care of it.

Also you should open another thread for your naruto map. All versions contained some bugs that made it unplayable. In the several thrads all people can make suggestions for your map and report bugs. Plaguefest has a lot of experienced mappers that can help you out if you have any issues.

BTW it doesn't really matter if you post it on gamebanana or not, since people who came from other servers just steal their maps out of the pF map suggestion thread.

EDIT: i had a first look and i already saw some missing textures.

HERE
    HERE
    HERE

Also the spawn area was very laggy, even in singleplayer but a first playtest will show it better.
    ColdZero, Jul 29, 2013 Last edited by ColdZero, Jul 29, 2013
  7. Jul 29, 2013
    ok i will post, but tomorrow, too much post tonight ^^

yeah for me back bsp doesn't work and pakrat always forgot something .... and in 625 files, impossibles to see if i miss somrthing
    For the spawn i will try to optimize it but it's very hard, will try the same way of legrem in his sky map :smile:
  8. Mar 30, 2013
    :shock: There are maybe 10 months I believe I saw on SE forum the name of your map (old_mine) and some very beautiful screenshot. I hope the map wil be good
  9. Apr 9, 2012
    The start... While the map looks ok, you mapped without any polycount thought in mind. I believe that you may be rendering over a million of polygons at the same time. Add all the players with it, being dynamic props and adding a lot to the polycount as well...

I must be sorry to say but this map will not get off-ground if only for the start. There's no way a mid-ranged PC could even run it as fine as it should actually be.

Other than that the map looks pretty fine, except some materials missing. But the start, is a total, no-go
  10. Feb 14, 2011
    1. Locate "ze_the_old_mine_b5.vmf" and delete it. (Please also delete any other vmf or bsp files related to this level. Remove it from existence.)
    2. Open hammer editor.
    3. Go to File, then New.
    4. Start to create a new map without opening other vmf files to copy from.

Tips:
    - Remember, looking at other vmf files is fine. Just don't copy and paste large chunks from them. It really sticks out! (EP2/Biohazard)
    - If permission is given to copy and paste. At least give the original author some dignity and make an optimized map.

My advice is to start a new level. An optimized level.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • May 25, 2012
      In regards to this, please, credit FireWavezZ for ze_chinatown and aleksandr (Dimension Studios) for de_asia in your ze_naruto map. It's sickening to see you get away with what specific French / Belgian / some Spanish people do, copying files and junk from who knows where while wondering why the map isn't playing out well with people complaining. Just stop. Try to do something on your own, there's no reason to go big. A perfect example can be seen here and probably soon here.

I have an idea. Let's just blame Valve for this instead.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
        Syoudous, Jul 29, 2013 Last edited by Syoudous, Jul 29, 2013
      • Nov 11, 2011
        Last time I spoke to Firewavezz was through email almost a year ago since then I believe he stopped mapping. He was kind enough to provide original VMF's for a lot of his map since he trusts me. I was not aware that people were copying huge chunks of work from other maps. That's just outright disrespectful and to call it your own without giving credit, then you're not a fucking mapper and don't deserve to give yourself that title. Create an original work, it will be more satisfying in the long run. But I won't go harsher on you since you did say in your intro that you were a 'new mapper' :struggle:
      • Apr 9, 2012
        Well so far all his releases are all copy-pastes from other maps, without even any noticeable change in them, making it very difficult for us mappers to accept and especially aknwoledge the maps he's making. Using other works/maps in your maps without credits is even more suspicious and unrespectful...

I cannot lie, the map he posted is visually not bad, but it's stolen, and suffers from abbysal performance, beyond gameplayeablity IMO.
      • Nov 11, 2011
        3) Give no mapper credit
        4) ????
        5) Profit!
      • Feb 14, 2011

This new map you present is created by oskutin. Original map being titled GMOD_RP_VUORISTO.
      • Apr 9, 2012
        • Feb 11, 2012
          Map is unplayable atm, gonna need some badass fps optimization. Couldn't really find correct escape path
          and you should really credit oskutin for whole map.
          http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1067111
          titty, Jul 30, 2013 Last edited by [T_T], Jul 30, 2013
        • Jul 29, 2013

yeah i know it's rp_vuoristo, i play this map a long time, and if i want do this, it's because i like this map. rather than criticizing me without knowing, just wait, it's my second map, for the optimization, i'm not
          the best. For credits, if you had open you eyes, you see the map have no credit, for me or other, for NOW, and i ask him for do this work.
          And all the end of the map is mine, if you have read my presentation post rather than criticize me again, you can see i've work for and with aeris004, and the complex was made by me, like a part of sewer map and if i had accept, the new version of indiana_jones ( I declined the offer because i start mapping)

already I did not insult you, so what right does you? Again, if you clean your eyes, you can see i thanks all the peoples, and you are a big liar because a the origine, i've the idea of this project with aeris and it's him who
          see with firewavezz for the map, who are agree with this .
        • Nov 11, 2011
          @FireWavezZ Any of this true? (EDIT: He hasn't been on the forums for over a year lol)

"I thank all of you other mappers for letting me copy and paste whole maps you worked hard on and letting me call it mine but only after being called out in a forum with real mappers." Yeah... It doesn't work like this. :quiet: And you may have had the idea, but the actual work was not done by you and therefore, you can't claim it to be your map. You actually have to put in the time to call something yours or partially yours. Listen, just create an original piece and you'll be really happy! And optimization will be much less harder. :grin: