Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Need HELP with MAPPING a ZE map

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by benmytot, Mar 5, 2013

1. Nov 19, 2010
    I'm thinking of making a Zombie Escape map and I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice or any tutorial on mapping a ze map.. Or maybe even help me create it =) Any help would be greatly Appreciated =D

For Example:
    -What do I need to know about MAPPING a Zombie Escape Map
    -If I want to put background music, what volume should I put it as

I've played around in Source SDK so I know some stuffs except creating a 3D Skybox

I have a ideas in my head but there is one idea that I really want to do: ze_escapethebeat (Music based map) Hopefully with bosses through the stages.
  2. Apr 1, 2012
  3. Nov 19, 2010
    Okay thanks! I'll start with a Zombie Mod Map.. I do not properly understand how to make a spawn point for both CTs And Ts and adding 32 CT or T to it.. Anyone can help me with that?
  4. Aug 7, 2012
    Seems you almost know nothing about mapping. You need to learn a lot of basics otherwise you will get stucked on every little thing.

I can recommend you to watch these tutorials: http://www.tophattwaffle.com/tutorials/
  5. Nov 19, 2010
    THANK YOU for the LINK! It was just what I needed ! THANK you so much ! =D
  6. Jun 18, 2012
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Nov 19, 2010
      Nope.. I came up with the idea on my own, I was messing around with Source SDK on adding music and stuff so I just thought, why not make a map based on music or with music.. So thats what I'm going for.. But making a map based on music isnt easy X__X
    • Jan 14, 2013
      I just started as well and im finding out quickly you need to focus on one thing at a time.
      Unless the planets align you're not going to make an amazing first map.

if you want ot make a successful ZE map you really should break it down and play around with each part of the map separately and learn them separately then fit it together

so far i been picking a ZE map apart and its pretty much

1. making a map look good
      2. making it functional for ze (right holds, right layout, not neglecting fun for zombies, etc
      3, learning entities (will be hard to make a good map without alot of entities
      4. boss fight

1 and 2 are totally different things, if I was you I would make a map without focusing on how it looks but just to get the right layout, start with zm

from what I can tell ZE maps have nothing special about them, they just taking alot of the aspects of other maps and putting them together

dont get caught up in how things look, you can spend 12 hours getting the right textures and lighting but have a map that is not functional to play on