Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Need help with sound in game

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Aphilion, May 15, 2018

1. Dec 17, 2007
    Does anyone know why your sound won't work while in game? I've check that the game isn't muted and that everything is connected. My audio works when I start up CSS, but in game it doesn't work. I've also checked !stopsound and made sure that the sound is turned on. My audio works with everything else on my computer.
  2. Feb 8, 2016
    Check your sound settings and see if another "application" has access to "control" your sound. Usually this would mean disabling such option. Be sure that your primary sound device is default. Check in-game sound settings as well as Windows sound settings.

Attached Files:

3. Dec 17, 2007
    I did that, I think the windows update that I just got screwed with it and I'll probably have to uninstall and re-install steam again
  4. Feb 27, 2012
    Does it work it other source engine games, such as left for dead and csgo?
  5. Dec 17, 2007
    No, it doesn't. It'll work in the main menu of the game when I first start it up, but then when the game actually loads the sound will stop working. I'm thinking it's something with the windows 10 update that I just recently had, bc it was working fine before that.
  6. Aug 13, 2017
    I read that windows 10 does cause this problem with source games. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling again? There isn’t too much out there for troubleshooting this problem sadly.
  7. Dec 17, 2007
    I'm about to today, I'm on my days off from work
  8. Dec 17, 2007
    I just tried un-installing and re-installing steam and it still doesn't work. How do I change my system back from I downloaded the updates?
  9. Jun 14, 2017
  10. Dec 17, 2007
  11. Jun 17, 2014
    Have you tried disabling every playback device that isn't in use?
  12. Feb 27, 2012
    Also you could try moving your cfg folder under cstrike to a temporary location to regenerate all default configs. If that doesn't work just delete the new cfg folder and put the old one back. Reinstalling will keep all your configs, so i would try that if you've already reinstalled without any luck.
  13. Dec 17, 2007
    That's what it was, after I installed the recent update for some reason it turned on other devices that I didn't normally use and it was interfering with the sound.

I didn't think about that before I un-installed it, so I gotta re-download everything lol.....good job me
    Post Merged, May 16, 2018
    But thanks to everyone for the help and advise!
  14. Jun 17, 2014

Glad you got it resolved.
    • Like Like x 1