Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Need Help

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by FeelsBadBro, Dec 29, 2014

1. Dec 27, 2014
    Would anyone help me with my CSGO zombie map

here is a vid

thx :grin:
  2. Feb 24, 2011
    Is there any error/problem you're getting somewhere, or are you just asking for collaboration?
  3. Dec 27, 2014

collaboration cuz i'm a biginner :grin: so i would appreciate it :grin:
  4. Jun 20, 2013
    Needs more bhop and less ...........wait where are the cading spots?
  5. Dec 27, 2014
    What is bhop
  6. Jun 20, 2013
    You should quit while you are ahead.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Jan 21, 2011
      An anti bhop map would be a nice change of pace for zm.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
      • Dec 27, 2014
        Should i post the Hammer Files for you guys so you can look at my project?
      • Jun 20, 2013
        What does that even mean? You can literally bhop anywhere.
      • Dec 27, 2012
        I believe he is talking about some sort of plugin, with the purpose to make it nearly if not impossible to bhop. I like this idea.
      • May 31, 2012
        Le fani derail line of peoples not reading the guy's other thread and not helping
        Anything on top be going to Wacky Wack Town on the Ding Dong Express

You'd probably want to add some lighting to the map using light_environment and having a pitch in the -70 to -90 range so you get ambiental lighting. In CS:GO, I'd advise you to compile HDR (that little tick in the compile options window that shows up in hammer) so cascade lighting has a higher contrast and, thus, looks sharper.

The map looks simple in terms of texturing. It might be a good idea if you tried to add more variation to it, in the form of columns, trims and the likes. If you're making a zombie escape map, remember that maps with different spawn areas (that eventually meet up at a given point) are probably the best choice to get your map played on servers since they let servers with zombies spawning among humans and with zombies getting teleported back to spawn alike enjoy it. Your other post was a bit cluttered so I didn't look at it much, but I'd recommend you to try to build maps with a sense for gameplay (some areas seemed like people wouldn't know where to go). Finally, since you're learning, I'd recommend you to try and do little test maps before this one with as little help from others as possible. You should, of course, ask questions whenever you have them and, most importantly, judge yourself and what you do fairly so you can learn from your mistakes.