Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Need Map Songs

Discussion in Help Desk started by N B K, Aug 6, 2011

1. Mar 19, 2011
    So currently I'm In search of songs or Instrumentals that may be used in the future for a project I would appreciate if you can post some songs that you feel are worthy enough for me to Consider, I could use all suggestions given but please Don't go and post No bullshit songs or Instrumentals this Is serious.
    Also I believe this is the right section to post in, Not to sure
  2. Feb 1, 2011
    I have tons of music. It would help to know what atmosphere / mood / genre of music you are looking for. I'd be more than happy to make some suggestions.
  3. Mar 19, 2011
    Yeah I'm looking for something like that would be playing in the background of maybe a Gun Battle of An Action Game something more in that range... If that helps any
  4. Jul 19, 2011
    type !radio or type !pirate theres songs there if u want ur own music play it off ur own equipment !radio is the best has tons of choices just type it in chat
  5. Feb 12, 2011
  6. Mar 19, 2011
    Yeah... I'm looking for Music that I can include into a map, preferrably Music that hasn't been used in other maps before. Not !radio.....
  7. Feb 18, 2011

8. Mar 19, 2011
    Nice Selections, I do feel the second one fits more to what I need, Still appreciate any more suggestions given.
  9. Apr 9, 2007
  10. Mar 19, 2011

Eh Only two songs have been suggested so far not really the outcome I was hoping for... This is somewhat Important.
  11. Apr 9, 2007
    Music embedding increases map size and gets annoying over time, both piss me off.

If you really need it though, which genre are you after?
  12. Dec 7, 2010
    I personally feel that music really enhances the action for escape maps. Not necessarily for other types.
  13. May 6, 2011
    If this is for Escape Map, then music will definitely be needed. Like Harvey said it totally helps with the mood of the game. This is the same for mini game maps as well I feel.

So, the theme or a brief summary would help with the music suggestion rather than throwing you bunch of stuff.

If it is a Zombie Mod, I beg u "NO" multiple times. As I can't stand those nasty stupid 90's music, or those stupid end round theme songs. If we want music, we got !radio, itunes, mumbles etc.
  14. Jul 25, 2011

Would be awesome to have one of these songs :yes:
  15. Jul 25, 2011
    If its for zombie escape though those 2 songs probably wouldn't fit lol.

This would be a good one for zombie escape though
  16. May 15, 2011
    I agree music that is part of the game is usually really just annoying unless it's something completely ridiculous and makes you laugh.

But, if you insist.

I'd suggest going through the Shadow of the Colossus soundtrack.

They have some beautiful instrumental music.

That's just a taste, go through the rest if you want something like that.

Another place to try would be the creators of Final Fantasies soundtracks.

I might hate the game but the music is amazing.

Masashi Hamauzu doesn't really keep to the same music though, so you should go through his music.

You never know, their may be something you like.

Another place I'd say is try movie soundtracks.

Wall-E has some great tunes, but if you're looking for something a little more rock-ish, just try action movies.

Other than that, the only other suggestion I have is Classical and Symphony.

Only pussies don't like symphony. :razz:

Edit: Oh ya, you should try Saint-Saens.
  17. Mar 19, 2011
    Well it is for a Zombie Escape Map and I know music isn't always needed to make a map good but personally I feel that it is needed to help increase the overall Ambiance of a Map and help add to the Experience. If this was for Any other Game Mode than it's not needed at all..
  18. May 15, 2011

I wasn't saying don't add music.

But what we need to find out is what music do you want.

If you don't like my suggestions, then what are you going for?

Techno?

How about Venation Snares or maybe Younnat.

Venation snares does alot of funk and breakcore.

Listening to just one of his songs isn't enough to understand his demographic.

I'm not actually suggesting this one, I just like it so I posted it. o.O

But Younnat does your average techno without vocals for the most part.

A little eccentric but it's nice.

But with Younnat, all their songs sound pretty much the same.

So you wont get a lot of choices out of them.
  19. Mar 19, 2011
    Not really Anything Techno Wise, I'm looking for something that would sound like in Mass Effect or Halo.. Something that sounds like it would come out of scores from that game, something that sounds Epic
  20. May 15, 2011
    Then why not just grab a snazzy Halo or Mass Effect song?

If that's what you're looking for.

Otherwise, the genre you're looking for is Symphony.