Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Need new video card! ASAP

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by cyberwulf, Nov 4, 2011

1. Dec 17, 2010
    Hi everybody, both of my video cards have went to crap. They both did the same thing, lags all my games now its started with websites not to long ago. I know its my card because this is the same thing that happend to my other video card. Here is what my cpu has currently
    MSI M452-9502 GeForce 9500 GT Video Card - 512MB DDR2, PCI Express 2.0, DVI, HDMI, VGA
    it's $80 on amazon
    Anything would work, a hand me down or a bought one, i need all the help i can get right now ASAP.
  2. Jun 23, 2010
    What's your budget? and What brand and watts is your PSU (Power supply unit)
  3. Mar 20, 2011
    Cyber why don't you go for an XFX card, they have double lifetime warranty's and they have fantastic customer service. There hardware is not bad either.
  4. Jun 23, 2010
    There customer service have gone down the past years from what I seen on computer forums. But I still love their Double life-time warranty and there door hanger!

But I Still need a budget so I can recommend you a good GPU.
  5. Mar 20, 2011
    Everyone's customer service has gone down hill lately, it is called layoffs... :razz:
  6. Jun 23, 2010
    Then its no excuse for customer service to be going down hill so fast. If there was a layoff going around, I would work my ass off not to get laid off. But I'm not saying XFX is a bad company, I own a XFX product myself right now.

But the bets GPU brand I seen this year is MSI, Asus, and EVGA. They seem to have a pretty good customer service going on. But those are just personal experience.
  7. Dec 17, 2010
    I don't have a budget because i have no source of income. But at the most i can probably go up to is $100.
  8. Mar 12, 2008

>the most i can probably go up to is $100

[IMG]
  9. Mar 25, 2011
    When they went to shit, did some windows look something like this?

EDIT: because if they do make sure you're installing the cards correctly, and stop cooking them.
  10. Sep 17, 2011

11. Jan 5, 2007
    If you don't mine spending about $40 more, you should go with a GTX 550 Ti. I've been using one for a while now and all current gen games run smooth with maxed graphics on it. So it'll still handle any new games that might be coming out for the next few years before needing to upgrade again.
  12. Nov 14, 2010

Limiting yourself is called putting a budget on it.
  13. Dec 17, 2010