Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Need peoples opinions

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by [pF] LuciD, Nov 7, 2013

1. May 31, 2012
    Have to write a term paper in history. My topic is "From your perspective today, do you think it was right for the United states to enter World War 1?" I said yes because it improved economy by restoring trade to Great Britain, dramatically improved the United States' military, and asserted the United States as a world power. I'd like to have some other peoples opinions on the matter, perhaps a rebuttal to this.
  2. Feb 21, 2007
    No, it causes millions (?) of deaths, directly set the stage for WW2 which caused more loss of life (RE: the punishments set on germany set the stage), indirectly lead to the depression (debatable) and it ruined the "romanticizing"
    of war that was occurring at the turn of the century (1910's).
  3. Dec 6, 2011
    Yes, because you don't back down from a fight, you must challenge everyone.

No but seriously, I'd have to agree with Retslut, it practically rolled the red carpet out for WWII.
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Mar 4, 2012
      US had nothing to do with the cause of the war and there were 116,000 US casualties.

Furthermore Wilson was completely against what the Europeans wanted to do to Germany as retaliation.

Not commenting on whether or not they should have joined the war.