Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Need Zelda ALTTP models

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Bart, Jan 9, 2013

1. Jan 9, 2013

Im currently making an Zelda a link to the past (the SNES game) map with about 3-4 stages plus minium 2 bosses. i will need some models from that game, so does anyone have some like guards, agahnim, ganondorf some of the items like sword, shield, bow and other kinds. Or maybe can help me make some, cause i have rly no idea how to make models and i have read alot of tutorials, but its like rocket science for me lol.

Bart

Edit: The models --
    • Like Like x 2
      Bart, Jan 9, 2013 Last edited by Brian, Jan 9, 2013
    • Jul 4, 2011

That game is in 2D, you can't extract any models out of it. Are you looking to make 2D sprites?
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Apr 9, 2012

awwww yissss :clap:
      • Apr 9, 2012
        However I just opened one in 3DS and they don't seem to contain any rigging models... I'm not sure if I could rig them
      • May 31, 2012
        I know I'm not being resourceful but I want to say that I would absolutely love to see this map! Zelda fan here. :heart:
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Jan 9, 2013
          Have there been made other zelda maps for zombie escape?

Im not so much into sourcesdk yet since im a 1.6 mapper, but how does the sprites works in source? Are the sprites converted to models, cause i dont see a sprites folder.

Thanks alot, i could probaly use some of those if i cant find the real ones from A link to the past. But if i find some of them can u then also help me with those?

Also what should the 3d models be called if i should be able to convert them into source? will .skp be able to convert cause i found a page with alot of zelda models http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/search?q=zelda&styp=c&scoring=t&btnG=Søg&reps=1&start=0
        • Jul 4, 2011
          https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Env_sprite
          It's still a 2D game, you can't find real models from the game because they never existed.
        • Jan 9, 2013
          Oh man i cant wait to try ur oot map, that game was so amazing and thanks for the link about sprites, now i understand how it works :smile:.

and ye i dont know what i was thinking about the real 3d models of alttp lol, i probaly will just try and use some from twilight princess
        • Apr 9, 2012
          From the whole PF community I'm probably the one who knows the most about Google Sketchup so you've come into the right hands. I can convert every single Sketchup model to Source, however as known with Sketchup it has no riggings (which is needed for animation) However I could figure it out on time on how to rig them I suppose, I have to learn it eventually.

Link me the ones you would really like to have converted to Source Engine models

This is correct as 2D games do not contain any 3D Models. It would look very akward if one would be wanting to create a 3D Model resembling the ones from the past since they are highly undetailed and nowadays no one will create low-poly undetailed models anymore.

I would go for any of the models I linked on that site after all since those from SketchUp are a bit wrenched (some faces are attaching weirdly on the limbs such as the arms and shoulders).

However it's your call. I have also my map which contains Ganondorf, Link, Toon Link, Zelda & Sheik
          I'm however not willing to provide my models as I'm against maps sharing the same models. I would be willing to help you out animating other Link models (which are perfectly fine as well) and converting them :smile:
          JorisCeoen, Jan 10, 2013 Last edited by JorisCeoen, Jan 10, 2013
        • Jan 9, 2013
          Sounds good, can i pm u later or add u to steam, when i need help? Currently im just making the whole map and then i will add the bosses and materials to the last.
        • Apr 9, 2012
          Of course, feel free to add me on steam, that's the easiest way.