Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Network Issue(?)

Discussion in Technical Support started by Vicarious, Jan 14, 2014

1. Dec 27, 2012
    Alright, so I'll make long story short. If there is something you absolutely just need to know in order to help me solve this problem, then ask away and I'll do my best to answer. I'm not very experienced with network difficulities so I'll excuse myself beforehand.

I've always had problem with my network because it seems to work whenever it feels like it however this time it's different.
    Yesterday and before that, I could browse and play online with network difficulities as always. However, when I woke up today, I couldn't even find my wireless connection on the network list where you connect to one and another router. It's around 5 pm here now and I have no idea of what to do.

My sister experienced the same exact problem at the very same time as I did, however our stationary computer (the one I'm currently at as we speak) has no problem of connecting into the specified network. Three computers are connected to this network along with other devices but it seems that the stationary computer is the only one who can connect.

I've tried to restart the router and unplug the cables plugged into the router more times then I've said fuck today without success. I've checked my firewall but didn't find anything funny there as far as I'm concerned but you're free to tell me to check it again if there is something specific you want me to look up.

Please help.
  2. Feb 27, 2012
    Try holding the reset button on your router until it reverts back to factory default settings, then set up your router again with your previous settings (wifi password, router login password, etc). I assume the computer that can connect is on a wired connection? Or is it on wireless?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dec 27, 2012
      It's wired and I'll try that right away. Thanks.
    • Jun 11, 2012
      I would like to go on record that @Tony the Tiger!! :D suggestion was stolen from the chat and that's the 30-30-30 method that I've mentioned to recover to factory default. He did it for forum post count.

He is a crook that Tony.

[IMG]
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Dec 27, 2012
        Thanks for the help, the problem has been solved.
      • Jun 11, 2012
        Yeah I'm sorry I didn't actually help you here.

#ChatIsFast