Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Network Ping jumping at specified hour

Discussion in Networking started by Joukyuu, Oct 4, 2015

1. Oct 4, 2015
    I came here in search of help since my Internet provider seems like hes uncapable of helping me and this problem is starting to be long term one and pretty annoying for me and my team.
    Ill drop some pics of ping command and tracert. To me this seems like the provider is at fault and not me.
    They have been sending me like technicians 1-2 times per month and are never able to resolve my problem even tho I write them detailed info about it. Since I don't have any alternative I can't change it. Imo this problem didn't occur in like 3-4 months and happened to come back at like 15-20/9/2015 or something
    Sorry for my bad english, apprieciate any kind of help.
    By the way my system is new and so is my HDD(installed system around 12/8/2015), this problem occurs on all pcs in my home.

Here are the pictures:
    First the CMD>ping google
    Normally ping is 8-30 not higher, but as you can see the average overall is 160~. Taken at 19:30 till 20:30
    Clipboard02
    This is the second pic of CMD>ping. General failure occured because I restarted my modem. Time of test from 20:30 till like 21:40
    Clipboard03
    And here is Tracert command
    Clipboard04
    I absolutely have no idea how to understand tracert command but been asked a lot times to take pictures of it and send it to Technics

Right forgot to say this occurs EVERYDAY at same hours starting from like 18-19 till 23/24. Lately it started to jump from 80 to 200+
    Again sorry for any mistakes etc. and thank you for any kind of help.
  2. Feb 27, 2012
    Have you tried only having one PC on at a time during this hour of ping spike? Like, turn off PC 1 and 2, but leave PC 3 running and see if it's still lagging. If it is, turn off PC 3 and turn PC 2, and leave PC 1 off, and so on. Perhaps one of the computers is causing the lag.
  3. Aug 7, 2012
    what kind of modem/router do you have? if it's old it could possibly be compromised and have malware on it.
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Feb 13, 2014
      According to your tracert you begin to have issues at 89.228.X.X If you're not having issues with the router 10.37.0.1 or your modem 10.0.1.52 exhibiting latency then it appears it is definitely on your ISPs end.
    • Oct 4, 2015
      At the moment my ISP gave me Arris TG862S. Welp I guess it's time to call Technicians again