Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Discussion in Networking started by His Left Nut, Mar 17, 2016

1. May 13, 2015
    I need help. I'm taking a Networking class online for my Network+ and the struggle is real. It seems like I'm not quite understanding with these subnetting and all that. Right now I'm taking a course using Testout. It has a bunch of videos and modules. but for some reason its just not clicking in. So I was wondering it anyone has any tips or tools to help me understand it more clearly and tips on the Network+ exam. Anything helps! Thanks!
  2. Dec 30, 2006
    Your right nut?
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • May 13, 2015
      Why do you hate me Sec? I just want to be cool for once. Teach me you ways please!
    • Aug 7, 2012
      What in particular are you having problems with on subnets? They're pretty much binary math.
    • Dec 30, 2006

Woah there, who said I hated you? Was it Tony?
    • May 13, 2015

Purple, because aliens don't wear hat. Yes it was Tony. GG.

For example:

You’ve been asked to set up a new network in your company’s branch location. The ISP has issued your company for this network. There are five departments with the following number of hosts in each:

– Sales: 57 hosts
      – Marketing: 5 hosts
      – Finance: 7 hosts
      – Operations: 20 hosts
      – Support: 17 hosts

• What is the CIDR mask you should configure for each of the 5
      departments? (choices: /1 thru /32, in a drop-down selection list)

• What is the “least address”? (choices of CIDR mask: /1 thru /32, in a
      drop-down selection list)

• What is the “biggest block of addresses”? (choices of CIDR mask: /1
      thru /32, in a drop-down selection list)

• What is the amount of addresses unused?
    • Apr 9, 2007
      That's mentally retarded. I'd complain if they all had to be exposed...

Sales -> 64
      Operations -> 32
      Support -> 32
      Finance -> 16
      Marketing -> 8

This is still beyond stupid, everything would be behind a single public with required services NAT'd.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Aug 7, 2012
        But that sales guy just has to have VNC open on his Mac so he can work from home!

I'm going through the same thing at work right now. Have about 5k devices across 50ish vLANS that need to moved behind NAT. Huge pain in my ass :/
      • Aug 25, 2009
        First of all Sec proto has NO idea what hes talking about thats why he still remains no where till this day. 2nd study study study. Get books. Contact me if you need help
        • Funny Funny x 1