Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

New comp

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by Steve Ewing, Jan 10, 2012

1. Mar 19, 2011
    Yup, I had to scrap and save for this build, nothing given to me all of it from the money I earned from my job. Kills me that I have to wait one more month to have enough for the monitor, and other peripherals.
  2. Oct 20, 2011
    yea my next big purchase will be a new monitor and after that possibly a ssd
  3. Dec 6, 2011
    Then another 580 classified with a tri monitor setup =D Then $500 7.1 surround, then $2000 gaming chair, then $100,000 room remodel into a gaming studio, then $1,000,000,000 for a nuke-proof room.

BAM, perfect gaming setup.
  4. Oct 22, 2007
    Why would you want to game without a hs?!? EWWW.... Now eyefinity is nice candy for the eyes, which i agree on. Thanks for reminding me about it, might go and pick up 2 more and make it happen. Nothing else left to do....
  5. Dec 6, 2011
    Newegg has been selling monitors dirt cheap lately. You can pick up three 23.6'' 'ers for around $400 if you can find the right deal.
  6. Jan 10, 2009
    thats is what i need. 2 more monitors. and another 570.

oh and i know this is OT but with the now 7 120mm fans in my case. it is a little chilly to sit next to is. 2 front intake, 4 side intake and 1 rear exhaust. the only reason its like that is so i don't suck in the 570's exhaust.
  7. Dec 6, 2011
    Holy shit! Start a new topic and get some pics up!! Also, I'm dying to see those fans in action. Is dust a bitch or do you have some nice air filters?
  8. Jan 10, 2009

haha yeah i'll start a thread when i can. dust isn't that bad. there is so much positive pressure with all the fans on that it just gets blown out of the mesh case. though there is a very very thin layer of dust but nothing built up.
  9. Dec 6, 2011
    I'm really hoping that my Raven 2 build will be almost dust-free. Although I'm going to shoot myself in my foot when I decide to water cool later on because to fit in the 180x2 Rad in the bottom, I'm going to need to take out the air filters :verymad:

I'm going by pure 2nd hand information on this, not my own. Source: HERE & HERE (in the product description)
  10. Jan 10, 2009
    ooh that is kinda lame that you have to do that. what what about mounting it on the outside of the case [the mesh filters]?
  11. Dec 6, 2011
    Well, when I get the case, I'll have months before I start water cooling to think about how it's going to go. I haven't seen the case in person so I don't know much of it. I might think about drilling some holes somewhere. Even if I do put in the 180x2 rad I'll still need to drill holes for the fan mounts if I take out the air filters. Also going to cut out a spot for draining in the back, since the 180x2 I'm going to buy has a side port too.

It's going to be a bitch, yes, and I don't have any of my tools since my uncle has them all and he's hundreds of miles away. Still might be able to roll with the air filters in there somehow, because they're easy as fuck to clean when they sit there. Just slide them out, wash, dry, throw back in >.<
  12. Jan 10, 2009
    well then you sir need to have a small build log when you get the case in!

sorry again Steve. this thread was destined for derailing. :nuke:
  13. Dec 6, 2011
    It's alright, your new thread THAT YOUR SUPPOSED TO BE MAKING RIGHT NOW is probably going to get all fucked too :banana:

But anyways, not going to even touch my case until water cooling kicks in, which will be a long time.
  14. Oct 20, 2011