Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

New Computer case!

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by P@P@, Nov 26, 2012

1. Jul 16, 2012
    Hey all, I'm looking to purchase a new computer case (Dad sent 100$ for cyber monday /yay!)

I was looking at a CM Storm Scout : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00243HHNY/ref=gno_cart_title_1

A list of my current setup :

650W Silverstone PSU
    EVGA GeFOrce GTX 470
    500GB WD 7200RPM hard drive
    AMD Phenom II x4 820 2.8GHz Processor
    Standard CDDrive (not exactly sure what it is :shutmouth:)
    Mobo is a standard dell studios xps 7100 : AMD 780G (best I could find on it).

Thanks in advance :grin:

2. Mar 12, 2008
    Looks like a sweet case. I love Cooler Master's design of two opening side panels, it makes cleaning and wiring so much easier. You don't get the push buttons for the drives though, but it's not bad for $65
  3. Mar 1, 2012
    I assume this will be a case that you'll use for quite a long time, including MB upgrades. If so, you really should get a case with a few USB 3.0 ports.

I'd also bitch about only 4 3.5 bays, but I run 5 drives. -.-

Otherwise, it looks fine. I'd go more for Antec, but that's just personal preference.
  4. Dec 6, 2011
    Already talked to you on Steam about it, but I'll recap it here. Just in case you want to go back.

5. Jun 11, 2012
    Haf are super great when it comes to PC building, I have a haf 912 that I got recently for a server and the amount of airflow and fan on this micro atx compatible is incredible. Also dust filter on fan for easy cleaning, not a big deal but great add-on for easy access cleaning. 7 hdd mount rack. So good thing only if you plurge.
  6. Jul 16, 2012
    Thanks guys, after doing some thinking and talking with Brett, decided to go ahead and get it. (1 day shipping for 4bucks? fuck yeah!)
  7. Nov 29, 2010
    The GTX 470 is a blast furnace. I recommend a front fan in the case if you want to keep that thing alive for the long run. My brother fried my old gtx 470 because he stuck it into his generic HP Case.
  8. Dec 6, 2011
    The case he's looking at is an amazing deal at $64. It has a front, rear, and top fan with an optional 2 120mm's vertically stacked on the door side in front of the video card, so he should be quite good for some time. And lol, you should see how his current setup is.

@P@P@ , drop us that link of your ghetto rigged computer :ROFL:

EDIT: Here's a link to a review for the case, it thoroughly introduces the case and it's functionality. I've always been a sucker for Paul's Newegg reviews. :clown:

• Informative Informative x 1
      Brett, Nov 26, 2012 Last edited by Brett, Nov 26, 2012
    • Jan 10, 2009
      :sick: yeah this is a much needed addition.