Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

New Donator/Server Admin Skins by Me

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by MoonChickenDogRat, Mar 17, 2013

1. Sep 24, 2012
    I suppose this could fit for any of the Plague Fest servers, but this seems to be the most popular.

I whipped these up about two days ago after seeing the current ones. All I need is for someone to fit these skins with server-side models. I've tried before but I'm inexperienced in modeling.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Tell me what you think!
    • Like x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Good Idea x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Artistic x 1
    • Apr 9, 2012
      I'm pretty sure @Brian has told me before that there is no room for any new skins anymore, and I think replacements are not needed as well. Nice skins though!
    • Oct 29, 2010
    • Mar 26, 2012
      I like that it says admin/donator on it. We used to have an admin skin that said admin on it too.

[IMG]

[IMG]

But that skin glitched, and for some reason, it would reset itself to default (non donator/non admin skin) after every map change. I don't know for sure if that's the reason if that was removed or not, but I used to use it.

Now I love my spectr skin anyhow. As a level 3, I have more skins that level 1 and 2 admins cannot use, but I still use spectr. :heart:

[IMG]
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jun 11, 2012
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Apr 24, 2012
        • Apr 9, 2012
        • Apr 24, 2012
        • Apr 9, 2012
        • May 12, 2007
          I like the idea but I don't think that people want to be known as admin or donator, it would stop ppl from doing stupid things around the admin skins, but that does create a situation when griefers and rules breakers will kind of know when not to do things.
        • Nov 29, 2012
          Really love the Terrorist skin for admin, would definitely use that one if it ever came to play. :grin: Or the VIP skin from MG if it were available in ZM.
        • Nov 20, 2013
          the design is very simple, just says pF Admin and Donator. i like old skins
        • Feb 27, 2012
          I don't think the skins/models would be that large (these ones that is) since they're just original skins slightly modified. Idunno, if MCDR is willing to post a link to download the skins, perhaps it could be considered. But a big reason we don't add many custom skins is because there is still a large amount of people that play on a 56.6KBP/s dial up connection. Yep, people still play with dial up. So on top of downloading our maps (and for ZE, 200MB maps especially) they have to download our skins. Brian had a whole math equation on how long it takes new players to connect as it is on different types of connections. I believe it takes something like 2-3 minutes for dial up users to connect as it is right now. i can't remember.
        • Nov 29, 2012
          Ah I understand. In that case we probably shouldn't add anymore skins, but if a skin were to ever come to Zombie mod I would love the terrorist skin. I love spectra a lot right now, since it's black and it makes it perect for hiding in dark places, so a new type of dark clothed skin would be pretty cool as well, and the T model happens to be my favorite in all of css. :smile: but it's completely understandable if it can't/shouldn't be added. I want all players to enjoy the fast download speed we have.
        • May 29, 2012
          Stop reviving what was dead for a long time.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Mar 20, 2012
            Who actually uses the lvl 3 admin skin? its so fat and noticeable^^

If they really download a 200mb map with a 56kps/s connection, why would they care about a 1mb skin?

The latest skin was added 2 years ago.

It's okay if you dont want to add other/new skins but the reasons why not to add them seem a bit meeeh.

Moltard posted once a big library of skins. I am thinking about zombie models too... Headcrab zombies are pretty rare, 80% of the server population are half zombies if they found out how to !zclass and that the fast zombie is as fast as others.
            • Agree Agree x 3
            • Dec 17, 2007
              I do...but i think those skins are simple and not bad at all...if you're using a dial up connection for online gaming now a days...sry but that's your problem lol
            • Jun 4, 2006
              The times below are based on skin downloads only and don't include maps or other server / zombie mod files.
              via http://plaguefest.com/threads/official-skin-suggestion-thread.9087/page-12#post-244384

In addition more skins = more edicts, and maps these days are already coming far too close to the limit. Going over will cause a server crash. We're more likely to replace skins than add new ones, but only if the replacements are better & smaller than the current selection, and there's no upset over losing Mossman or Gregory or whatever we decide to remove in order to make room for the new skin.
              • Winner Winner x 1
              • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
              • May 29, 2012
                Please just remove Gregory and the woman skin instead of Mossman.
              • Sep 24, 2012
                I see someone has been doing some grave digging.

I'll take a gander and see if I still have these floating around on my comp, otherwise sorry.

Also it's impossible to play any source multiplayer game on dial-up, the latency around 300ms, and the download speed is no faster than 56 kilobits, not kilobytes. Anyone that says they can play on dial-up is joking.

Forgot I was perma'd 8 months ago, lol what am I doing here
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • Friendly Friendly x 1
                  MoonChickenDogRat, Jul 9, 2014 Last edited by MoonChickenDogRat, Jul 9, 2014