Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

New FTB: Monster | Up and Running! [How to Join]

Discussion in Minecraft started by Elysian, Sep 16, 2014

1. Mar 26, 2011
    Disclaimer: This server is not associated with Plague Fest in any way. It is ran by a few community members. Do not bug Plague Fest staff about any issues.

SWITCHED TO FTB MONSTER 1.1.1! BELOW JUST REPLACE UNLEASHED WITH MONSTER.

Ok! Yes, the FTB Server is up! I am going to show you how to join.

Before anything I want to say that we just got it up, and some basic stuff up, we will be working on it a lot more tomorrow. We just want players to be able and get on and get to know how to play and get their stuff setup!

For those who already know how to connect, and for those who need the IP:
    rsnetwork.mcph.co

So now that we know that, here is a tutorial for the new players on how to join:
    I did you all the favour of taking screenshots.

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

Step 4:

Then you are done!

Thank you everyone for the support and please invite your friends. We will have a donation link setup, that only goes towards upgrading the server to its best.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
      Elysian, Sep 16, 2014 Last edited by Brian, Sep 18, 2014
    • Oct 25, 2013
      Amazing paint skills, good tutorial if you ask me
      You might want to considered hiding your name from screenshot in step 2, that is if you didn't want to share it
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Mar 26, 2011
        Thank you lmao. I don't mind my name being there! Thank you though!
      • May 17, 2014
        Nice I loved the old versions of Minecraft anyway!
        Post Merged, Sep 17, 2014
        whoa reply is weird
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Jul 20, 2012
          Can anyone join? I haven't played Minecraft in a long time. I used to hang out on http://www.minecraft.no/kart just to travel around and see what the youth built. It was called "hardwork.no" before, because we had to dig for all our resources. But special projects did not need to dig. Check out the map, they really have amazing stuff.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Jan 21, 2011
            Yeah the server is open to anyone who wants to play.
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • May 17, 2014
              I tried to join but it said I need Forge Mod Loader. What version of FML should I get?
            • Jan 21, 2011

• May 17, 2014
              Post Merged, Sep 17, 2014
              Could someone give me a link for an old FML download so I can join the server please.
            • May 15, 2011
              What. She gave you a link, download the executable and follow the instructions from there. My 12 year old sister can do it, so can you.
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • May 17, 2014
                I had a different problem. My download messed up. I added Elysian and she helped me so I'm good.
                • Like Like x 2
                • Jul 1, 2010

EDIT: If you have Java 8 it won't work with the new modpack that is being used. Switch to 7.
                  • Like Like x 1
                    Dharkk, Sep 17, 2014 Last edited by Dharkk, Sep 18, 2014
                  • Jul 1, 2010
                    One more quick tidbit of information.. If you are having issues with the game frame rate lagging really badly its probably caused by the console. The console runs in a separate java instance and hogs just about as much resources as the game. In options in the launcher you can uncheck the show console check box and then restart the launcher. This seems to have fixed that issue for me. RAM amount might also need to be tweaked.
                    • Informative Informative x 2
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Programming King Programming King x 1
                    • May 2, 2013
                      is it just me i dont get it yesterday i could play just fine but today it tells me

disconnected by server
                      outdated client

wtf
                    • Jan 21, 2011
                    • May 2, 2013
                    • Jul 1, 2010
                      Whoever fucked with my house.. I R disappoint (meh) >.< But thanks for only taking easily replaced things.

Also, still hoping more people will get on.
                      Dharkk, Sep 20, 2014 Last edited by Dharkk, Sep 20, 2014
                    • May 15, 2011
                      I tried it but I really don't like the mods/there's just too many, especially the one that tells me what I'm looking at. It kills the experience for me as I've always thought of Minecraft a more down to earth, slow paced hippy game.
                    • Jul 1, 2010
                      Yeah I kind of thought that too.. kinda getting used to it now. Vanilla minecraft tells you what you are looking at as well in the F3 menu in the latest update. That can also be turned off in Monster.
                    • May 2, 2013
                      yeah i turned off mine for a while and put it back on later so for me its not rly an issue still rly like the monster ftb a lot more stuff but thaumcraft got so much more harder