Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

New Game: Hawken

Discussion in Gaming started by retslag1, Feb 26, 2014

1. Feb 21, 2007
    So about a year ago, I signed up for an alpha version of a game called Hawken. It is basically like the old game Mech Warrior from when we were kids. Its a mech based game where u run around shooting others or bots (in coop). Battles win experience which essentially allows you to buy upgrades in the form of a new gun from the basic, then there are deployable items in-game u can buy and "internals" which are passive effects applied to your mech.

I've been playing it over the past couple of weeks and have enjoyed it. There are a few different types of "vs" game modes and one type of coop game mode vs bots.

The game was free for me, though I am not sure if its free for everyone, or because I've signed up for the alpha and beta versions in the past.

Here is a link to the steam web page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/271290/

I'll be curious to hear others thoughts.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Feb 3, 2012
      Looks cool, Rets. I'll have to check it out.
    • Feb 27, 2012
      I played it, i couldn't stand it. It's like super softcore call of duty. Takes you a full mag to kill someone. I can't stand that in an online game. I understand it's a mech game, but at the same time it shouldn't take 10 bazillion bullets to kill the enemies.