Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

New Headset

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by Seeker, Aug 12, 2015

1. Jan 21, 2011
    I'm looking at getting a new headset. Currently I have the G930 and I don't like the noise cancelling aspect of it. I'd like to get a headset which has open back ear cups so I can hear whats going on around me. I found this Senneheiser headset which seems to have the features I want, but I'm open to suggestions.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Apr 26, 2015
      Sennheiser is always a good bet for headphones. I haven't used their gaming headsets though. Currently I'm using Turtle Beach XO7s which will work for 2 way inputs, and used to use Turtle Beach X12s which have the split. Those Sennheisers look hella comfortable, and if the quality is even close to their HD 280 Pros (which I'd guess they're on par with) I'd say go for it.
    • Jun 19, 2013
      astro a40s
    • Mar 29, 2015
      i got all 3 sets and they are all amazing i cant really fault em other then the astra A50's they are amamzing but the bottons on the side is coded wrong so down is up and up down :S

Astro A50s -- http://www.astrogaming.com/a50
      Steel series H -- http://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/h-wireless
      Worlds first Razor Tiamat 7.1 -- http://www.razerzone.com/au-en/gaming-audio/razer-tiamat-71

If you have the cash to splash around then i would have to say thease are the best. Aviation spec but still 10/10

Hope some of them help :smile:
    • Jul 14, 2010
      Do you need a headset or would you be open to a headphone and separate mic setup? You can buy a high quality pair of headphones and get either a cheap mic, or a decent/expensive one and mod the mic onto the headphones, or keep it separate. I've received a lot of advice about doing this instead of buying a headset because of quality concerns. Otherwise, I have no advice for headsets :razz:

I think @Zenzr can back me up on this one.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jul 8, 2012
        I no longer use my ModMic as it died.

But having that + my ATH M50X's worked great. @He who loves SexProtocol also does/did this at one time and I think he would agree.
      • Feb 27, 2012
      • Mar 20, 2011
        I have those Seeker, they are nice.
      • Oct 24, 2013
        As a word of caution I would really try to see how they feel in person because I've had a nice headset before that I had no idea was going to be so heavy.
        Those headsets with that foam under the bar holding the speakers sometimes isn't as comfortable as it looks. If made badly the foam can squash down easy and leave you with his heavy metal edge laying on your scalp.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Jun 11, 2012

I don't know for others who hear my womanly voice, but my ModMic still works 3 years later. And the ATH M50 coupled with it is how I do it. 2 components that can exist independentlywith a claps mechanism.

Never compromise audio..........because Sesame Streets sounds like crap with headsets.