Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

New PC

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by Sonical, Jun 12, 2013

1. Feb 23, 2013

27" LED Flat Screen
    Turtle Beach Z6A Headset
    Logitech 5.1 Surround Sound,
    Logitech G510 Keyboard
    Steel Series Sensai Mouse
    Razer Galiathus Mouse Pad

Specs
    i7-3770 Processor 3.40Ghz
    Nvidis Ge-force 2Gb GTX 660 Video Card
    16Gb Ram
    500Gb Installed HD
    2Tb Internal Installed Data Drive
    1Tb External HardDrive
    BluRay Burner
    Antec 900 Case
    ATX Mainboard

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
      Sonical, Jun 12, 2013 Last edited by Sonical, Jun 12, 2013
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Damn good setup, but you wasted your money on the Turtle Beach headset... Waaaay over priced. Could have got something better for what they cost you. Unless Turtlebeach has actually improved since the last time i used one of their headsets.

Other than that, nice build! :smile:
    • Feb 23, 2013
      TurtleBeach runs fine by me not many problems with it.
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Well, i mean for that price, you could have got something that sounds just as good for cheaper. But hey, if you're happy with them, then don't mind me xD
    • Feb 23, 2013
      i just managed to upload pic as my photobucket has been on the fritz and doesnt like uploads haha
    • Feb 27, 2012
      I've lost faith in photobucket. they keep changing their layout, and then half the time pictures won't upload. imgur ftw.
    • Dec 6, 2011
      My.... refrain.... from.... criticizing the.... non-unlocked.... 3770.....

Lol no, but in seriousness you're packing some power. It's just a shame you can't overclock with the 3770. Also, you're going to have a bit of a bottleneck on your GTX 660, you may want to think about adding a 2nd one in the near future.

And be aware, some speakers are known to cause damage to monitors if they're too close; I'm cringing seeing that center speaker in your 5.1 set sitting right on top of your monitor. :dazed: :sweat:

By the way, @Sonical, where did you purchase this?
      • Like Like x 1
      • Feb 27, 2012
        They can? What does it do to the monitor? Because mine are right beside my monitor D;
      • Dec 6, 2011
        Oooohhh, okay, i think i did know about that. I remember my dad telling me that back when we had CRT monitors. I believe he said as long as the speakers are shielded, you should be fine, and i think mine are. They're only about 1.5 inches away from my monitor, but i think that will be fine.
      • Jul 8, 2012
        Yeah mine are on either side. Most likely they'll be fine.
        Post Merged, Jun 12, 2013
        Also side note, I thought Turtle Beaches were good I was impressed with mine. What would you say is better? (I'm curious.)
      • Feb 27, 2012
        I really don't have a particular brand that is "great." I don't currently use a headset, i just use a pair of headphones that i got for half of it's regular price and a cheap desktop dildo.

There was a couple really good Logitech headsets that i tested out a year or so ago. Thermaltake has the SHOCK ONE in their eSPORTS products that is really nice. Steelseries had 3 headsets featured on MaximumPC last week i think, and from what i've read they're priced well and have good feedback. I just know that from past experience that TurtleBeach is good, just not for how much it costs for any of their headsets. They're the Apple of headsets.
      • Jul 8, 2012
        Yeah I can't really get much better then my current set

Not to jack the thread, but I thought $70 for my x12's (I think) was more then a great price. Oh well haha.
      • Feb 3, 2012
      • Aug 2, 2010
        Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy go with an unlocked 3770? NOOOOOOOOO.

I've got mine running at 4.6ghz. But then again, mine's the K version.
      • Dec 6, 2011
        A non-unlocked you mean? And I know, it makes me want to go insaneeee.
      • Aug 2, 2010
        Yes. The unlocked part just kept running around in my head.

But on topic..... WHYYYYYYYY