Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

[New Player Models for 2012]

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Bella, Dec 30, 2011

1. Nov 14, 2010
    I feel like the human models default players are given are kind of boring.
    Maybe a little variety? Something to break people away from the CSS feel?

No special abilities, but just something different to look at.

Of course, the robot & stormtrooper was not what I intended to include when I made this post, but some of these human models seem pretty cool. All of them can be downloaded, if-not-already, in Garry's Mod.

There are tons more.

[IMG]
  2. Devious Toast
    This message by Devious Toast has been removed from public view.
    Dec 30, 2011
  3. Oct 29, 2010

Idea: make the REALLY custom skins (aforementioned in OP, e.g. Stormtrooper, KFC guy, Frodo, etc) even more exclusive than the default donor skins at a very slightly higher price.
  4. Nov 14, 2010
    Don't post here unless you have something to say. I don't appreciate my threads being used to bump up your post-count.

But Meeko... My point is that all default skins from CSS, in my opinion, should be taken out of gameplay and replaced with basic civilian skins. That or some cool custom military ones.
  5. Jun 4, 2006
    No. Insanely large waste. New skins sure, but core replacements? Also players are USED to the default CSS skins, I personally disliked even having custom skins on the MG server when we first got them cause I often forgot which one belonged to which team. This makes more sense on ZM, but is still a huge waste imo.
  6. Oct 29, 2010
    IMO, I feel nauseous when going into servers that have completely dispensed with the CT default skins. It's alien.

It's difficult to synthesize my thoughts into understandable points (I'll edit in a bit), but I think this way: having the majority default CT skins preserves the "magic" of CSS' visuals.It's a bit jarring to the eyes when you have ten thousand different colors running around. . .too much contrast to decipher. The default skins serve as a balance to the heavily-customized nature of ZM/ZE.

Custom skins are wonderful, yes. But, imo, they're most effectively used when there is a degree of 'exclusivity' to them. (It's nice be that occasional sprinkle to the cupcake's cream. It's a special feeling to don a skin that differs from the flood of default skins.) Those skins lose their lulz/uniqueness/special factor when EVERYONE wears them.
  7. Dec 30, 2011
    I think a stormtrooper would look pretty cool :thumbsup:

There's a ze server called [NL] TweakGaming, before the big achievement update in the summer of 2010 the server allowed all players to choose whatever skin they wanted out of a choice of about 25-30.

They had Mario, Luigi, Wario, Sonic, Spiderman, Superman, Batman to name just a few. Maybe you could use some of them
  8. Nov 29, 2010
    I'd rather maintain the zombie outbreak aesthetic. Having some brightly coloured character that doesn't seem to fit with the scenery doesn't seem to mesh well with the environments and characters surrounding them. Most of our skins are either imported from half life (Where most of our zombie skins came from), CSS or something that fitted the... "Palette"

I'm all for more custom donator skins however, like resident evil characters. At the same time, there's a limit on how much custom content we put on the server so new players aren't overwhelmed with downloads.
  9. Nov 14, 2010
    Well, how about new admin/donator skins for 2012? Ones to replace current ones.
  10. Mar 12, 2008

Ronjon needs them too because he's from Hoth.