Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

new possible servers??

Discussion in Future Servers started by sdsd95, Mar 27, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 12, 2012
    hey peoples of plague fest i have a few suggestions for new servers
    As an overall reason for all these server ideas as that ZM and ZE servers are always packed all the way to 60/64 players and i though this might reduce the number of people who stay at those 2 servers.
    1.This is an extremely easy server to admin (the first kind of server i admined for)
    2.It's a hell of a lot of fun to play with like 15-25 people
    3. you only have to ban the occasional scripter which is pretty easy to tell if they are rocketing past every other person on the map.
    4. In 1 1/2 years of being a regular in a deathrun server I have NEVER seen someone who aimbots.
    1. basically the same reasons as deathrun
  2. Jan 12, 2012
    Been discussed before
  3. Jan 21, 2011
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Jul 5, 2008
      im sorry but i think both those options have recieved no's in the past..
    • Oct 17, 2011
      As long as Brian is here, Bhop will never be on the server. It had already been said before and he said hell no! I dunno about death run but I think they already said no before. Check out the old threads on the future server section
    • Jul 19, 2011
    • Jun 10, 2011
      When I first joined PlagueFest I was told a DR server was coming.... Soon™
    • Aug 1, 2011
      How exactly do you aim-bot on a deathrun server.....

But these options have been discussed many a time before. Unless said otherwise, pretty sure the answers going to be no.
    • Jun 4, 2006
      We did have plans for DR waaay back in the day cause MG was getting infiltrated with DR maps. Kyle went into making the DynTransparency plugin which ended up being basically a plugin where if you were inside another player, that player wouldn't show on your screen, thus you could still see where you were going and not fuck up at the traps, and you wouldn't be 'transparent' to the T's, so they'd still be able to set off traps and see players of course. The plugin broke however during development of everything. Another plugin that to my knowledge never got finished for it was the one that randomized the T's so no one could hog being a death and it would just be auto handled each around by a plugin, no having to force players off the team to let others on. So in the end, DR fell through and we've never looked back. Bhop has always been a resounding no.

I've got an idea or two for a potential future server(s) but I'm in no position to execute it right now or even look into it, still got a lot of foundation issues with the site move to work out, illegal spots are still fucked & are some aspects of skins with the new system for instance. Not sure when I'll be able to look into my ideas or even present them but for now I'm staying hush hush and focusing on ISSUES rather than FEATURES. I've got to get the main issues out of the way so I can focus on other shit, aka features, without having problems gnawing at the back of my brain all day. If I had it my way I'd only focus on new cool shit / improvements to the servers/community but unfortunately that's a very small percentage right now. Issues & attempts at stabilization / optimization are dominating the bulk of my time currently.

Since we have no plans of DR or Bhop at this time, locked.
      • Informative Informative x 2
      Thread Status:
      Not open for further replies.